Chapter 31 Greens

So you're the girl. I heard the rumor. You got the boys wrapped around your finger. Such a sweet heartbreaker.

Buttercup was sitting at play practice. Believe it or not, she was actually a pretty good actor. Bubbles had made Buttercup audition, not thinking Buttercup would get the lead. It was only to get Buttercup from getting expelled. She might have had one to many fights with Butch in the halls.

Buttercup couldn't believe she got the lead role and she couldn't back out. It was either the play or be expelled. The play, as dreadful as she thought it was, was still better then getting expelled. Unfortunately their male lead dropped out just a couple days ago and they still hadn't found another.

"Hey Butterbutt, what are you doing here?" that awful voice Buttercup never wanted to hear came. Butch was here.

"I'm the lead role," Buttercup said shortly, hoping he'd go away.

"So, you're the ice queen I've been hearing about? And here I thought Blossom was the only ice queen," Butch said, sitting down next to Buttercup and wrapping an arm around the back of her chair. She just glared at him. "Now I definitely have to try out," Butch smirked.

Buttercup jumped, "Oh no. You are not trying out."

"Come on, aren't you tired of these little boys that you got wrapped around her finger," Butch asks, picking up her hand and playing with her fingers to make his point.

"They're not wrapped around my finger," Buttercup replied.

"Really? They sure seem like it… apparently you're a sweet little heartbreaker here," Butch says, obviously bored and still idly playing with her fingers. Buttercup huffed and pull her hand out of his grasp. He wasn't worth it right now.

If you're the game… I wanna be a player. Oh you can do whatever you want. Its alright with me.

Kicking Butch's foot, Buttercup asks, "Why are you even auditioning?"

"Awe, Buttercup… I always knew you wanted to play footsie with me," Butch teases. Buttercup only glares back at him so he smirks back at her. "Anyways, if this is your game… I want to be a player."

"It is not my game. I don't even want to be here," Buttercup responds, sticking out her tongue.

"You know… I bet that would be much more fun if we were kissing. We could you know… kiss… because you could do whatever you want it'd be 100% alright with me," But teases again. So Buttercup punches his arm hard enough to hurt a lot but not enough to draw attention to them. "Ow, what was that for?" Butch whines.

"Cause I wanted to. You said I could do whatever I want and you'd be fine with it,," Buttercup teases, smirking happily.

Why don't you break my heart? Make it hurt so bad. Come on give it your best, nothing less, I insist. I want it just like that. Why don't you break my heart. Sounds good to me. Do it over again, again, again. You're just what I need. Why don't you break my heart. Yeah, break it.

"You know… I can see why they think you're such a heartbreaker," Butch points out. In response, Buttercup only raises her eyebrow. "You sit there all high and might and you're actually not that bad looking. Actually I wouldn't mind if you broke my heart," Butch continues. Sighing, Buttercup just shook her head. "I bet with your devious mind, you'd make it hurt so bad," Butch went on. Buttercup just rolled her eyes, hoping he'd shut up soon. "I dare you to break my heart. Give it your best, I want nothing less," Butch said with a smirk.

"What? No," Buttercup denied.

"Come on, I insist. Just break my heart… sounds good to me. Doesn't it sounds good to you?

"No… I want nothing to do with your heart that's 3 times to small."

"That may be small but something else is not."

"I bet it is."

"You could break my heart over and over and over again and find out if it is or not."

"Gross Butch. I wouldn't go near you. For all I know you could secretly be a girl."

"See this is why I need you… you think you're deflating my ego when really you're just making it grow."

"Hopefully your ego deflates soon. Popped like a balloon."

"Come on. Why don't you break my heart? Just break it."

"No Butch."

Stare me down. Intimidate me. Baby please, you'll never break me. Bring it on cause I can take it. You're so cool the way you play it. Oh you can do whatever you like. It alright with me.

Buttercup kept glaring at Butch and Butch couldn't help but smirk back at her. She made it to easy for him to get under her skin. Let her stare him down, let her try to intimidate him. It would never work. No matter how much Buttercup would like it, there was no way in hell she could break Butch. Staring back at her, Butch challenged her with his eyes. His darker green eyes flickering towards her lighter ones, playfully teasing her. Butch could take any challenge she threw at him gladly.

It was always fun playing with Buttercup. The way she plays the game is different and unique. Buttercup doesn't exactly play dirty or smart but she is really good at this teasing game and it shows. But that's alright. She can do whatever she wants, Butch would accept it. It was definitely alright with him as long as he got to annoy her.

Why don't you break my heart? Make it hurt so bad. Come on give it your best, nothing less, I insist. I want it just like that. Just like that. Why don't you break my heart? Sounds good to me. Do it over again, again, again. You're just what I need.

Butch was so sure he was going to get the part. None of these other guys were very good and the ones that were good didn't have any chemistry with Buttercup. They were either to scared of her or in awe of her. Butch was sure she was more scared of her fans then they were of her. Besides, Butch wanted Buttercup to try and break his heart. It just couldn't be done. He was the one normally breaking hearts. Why not add hers to the list? Having her try to break his heart sounded good. She could try over and over and over again. Maybe she was the challenge he needed.

Why don't you break me heart? Yeah. Break it. Break it. Yeah. Yeah. Break it. Come on break my heart. Break it. Why don't you break my heart? Yeah. Make it hurt so bad. Hurt so bad. Come on give it your best, nothing less, I insist. I want it just like that. Just like that.

Finally it was Butch's turn to audition. The audition part was actually quite simple. You read a monologue, if the teacher thought you were good you read again with Buttercup to see if you had chemistry. Which as much as Butch hated to admit, he and Buttercup did have some chemistry. Teasing, playfulness, maybe even flirting. Well, flirting on his part because it annoyed her to no end.

Acing the first part, Butch was happy to audition with Buttercup. He kept muttering come on break my heart under his breath as she read. Amazingly, Buttercup stayed focus and seemed to ignore him. But Butch could see her muscles tense as she continued acting. This was definitely the best thing ever.

Why don't you break my heart? Oh yeah. Sounds good to me. Do it over again, again, again. You're just what I need. Yeah. Why don't you break my… why don't you break my… Why don't you break my heart… yeah.

"Alright, everyone gather up," the theatre teacher called. She was ready to announce the new male lead who would be playing the opposite of Buttercup. "And our new star is… Butch Jojo."

"Yes!" Butch said, jumping up. He knew he was the best and this was like a free pass to get at Buttercup. Turning to face her, he asked, "Why don't you break my heart now?" Buttercup just punched his chest and stormed off, but Butch could have sworn she blushing as she left.