Chapter 23 Blues

This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world. And while she looks so sad in photographs. I absolutely love her when she smiles. And how many days in a year? She woke up with hope but she only found tears. And I can be so insincere. Making her promises never for real as long as she stands here waiting. Wearing the holes in the soles of her shoes. How many days disappear? You look in the mirror, so how do you choose? Your clothes never wear as well as the next day and your hair never falls in quite the same way but you never seem to run out of things to say.

"Daddy, daddy, tell us a story please!," The twin blond girls cried as they jumped into his lap. Boomer laughed as he held his girls. Only one of his girls was missing and that was his amazingly beautiful wife.

"Alright. This is a story of a girl… she was usually so bubbly and happy but something happened to make her so sad," Boomer started.

*Flash black*

The blond sobbed and sobbed, the tears running down her face and landing in the river. Boomer watched her from the distance. He was sure her tears were filling up the river and drowning all the fish. What could have made a girl so sad? It hurt him just to see her puffy red eyes and nose.

"Hey you ok?" He asks her sitting down by her. She just shakes her head and turns away from him. "Hey, I just want to help," Boomer said, pulling the girl back around. He wasn't prepared to see the most amazing and beautiful girl in the world sitting in front of him. "You're so beautiful," He muttered. She giggled and smiled a small smile. The first smile in a long time. Boomer knew the instant she smiled that he was in love. "Can I take your picture? Please… just so I can remember how beautiful you are forever," Boomer asked. She slowly agreed and he took the picture. Sure she looks so sad in the photo but she was still beautiful.

"You're funny, will you be here tomorrow?" The girl asks, after talking to Boomer for a little while. He laughs and promises to be back tomorrow. Little did he know that he would not show up. She would wake up, excited to see him, only to go home disappointed. So many days disappeared before he finally showed up there to see the girl sitting there, waiting. Her shoes had holes and she looked even sadder then before.

"You look different," Boomer offers. She just smiles, sliding away. She's afraid he'll disappear again. "Your pigtails are messier and your dress is slightly off," Boomer laughs slightly, fixing them for her. She giggles and smiles up at him. Glad, to have him near and spending time with her again. Eventually she just started talking and he would listen. Boomer noticed that she had so much to say like she would never run out of conversation. That made him smile too.

This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world and while she looks so sad in photographs. I absolutely love her when she smiles. How many lovers would stay? Just to put up with this shit day after day. How did we wind up this way? Watching our mouths for the words that we say as long as we stand here waiting. Wearing the clothes of the souls that we choose. How do we get there today? When we're walking too far for the price of shoes. Your clothes never wear as well the next day and your hair never falls in quite the same way but you never seem to run out of things to say.

"Still want me to go on with the story girls?" Boomer asked his beautiful daughters as they sat patiently, silently and watching him talk with eager eyes. The nod, begging him to keep going. He laughed and started again. "Ok, this is still a story of a girl…"

*Flash Back*

Boomer started going to that river more often and each time he would show up, she would be there. She always looked sad but she would be there. After awhile she would smile and Boomer would fall even more in love with the girl. She had a great laugh. It was short, sweet and simple. Not to loud and not to quiet. It was just perfect, just like her.

Leaning back, Boomer watched the clouds with her. He starts to wonder how many lovers would stay with the girl going through the same thing every day. Having to pick up her broken pieces and fit them all back together to get a girl then. And the only reward was a small smile.

As he talked to the girl, he realized certain topics and words made her cry. Something happened to this girl. Something bad and it was obvious she just wanted to forget. Her blue clothes reflected her sad soul and Boomer's showed his understanding. They stood together, waiting for something. Eventually they would start walking and ruin their shoes because they walked so much. And those shoes were not cheap. But that's okay because she never looked the same and she always need him to fix her.

This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world and while she looks so sad in photographs. I absolutely love her when she smiles. And your clothes never wear as well the next day and your hair never falls in quite the same way. You never seem to run out of things to say. This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world. While she looks so sad in photographs. I absolutely love her. This is the story of a girl. Her pretty face she hid from the world. And while she looks so sad and lonely there. I absolutely love her. This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world and while she looks so sad in photographs. I absolutely love her when she smiles. When she smiles.

Boomer paused the story and the girls protested. "Daddy, the story of a girl," the begged and he smiled.

"Well, what do you want from the story?" Boomer asked.

"The ending of the story daddy," The girls said as if it were obvious.

"Well, that girl made the boy fall in love with her through her smiles and eventually she fell in love too. They got married and had two beautiful daughters. All of them lived happily ever after." Boomer finished the story and the girls awed. "Alright off to bed." Boomer told his girls. They kissed him goodnight and had mommy tuck them in. Bubbles came down and smiled at him. She claimed her spot in Boomer's previously empty lap.

"When are they going to realize that story is about us?" she asked her husband. He laughed and kissed her.

"Who knows?" He offered smiling at her. She smiled back and Boomer was in love forever with that smile.