Chapter 37 Greens

Chapter 37: Sparks Fly

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm and I'm a house of cards. You're the kind of reckless that should send me running but I kinda know that I won't get far. And you stood there in front of me just close enough to touch. Close enough to hope you couldn't see what I was thinking of.

Butch had this kind of grace to him but also this recklessness. He never bump into anything or trip unless he meant to. It was almost like a rainstorm. Slow, calm, and very graceful at first but as it went on it became loud, booming, and wild. A rainstorm was the perfect way to describe Butch Jojo. And to every rainstorm there is that house of cards, the one they blow down. Which is the best way to describe Buttercup Utonium. She was strong but could still be easily broken and Butch was sure to be the one to knock her down.

Buttercup was the tomboy in school. The girl on all the sports team who could hang out with the guys as one of the guys and somehow Butch, of all people, became her crush. Buttercup thought she hated him. The way they would always fight, both verbally and physically. But he had that carefree kind of reckless attitude that attracted Buttercup. She knew she should have left him alone, ran away from him but she also knew that even if she tried, she wouldn't get far.

"Hey Butterbutt," Butch greets, standing in front of Buttercup. Buttercup just rolled her eyes. He was so close. If she just reached out a little bit she could touch him. Buttercup found herself wishing and hoping he'd just lean in a little bit but she also hoped he couldn't tell what she was thinking. "Look, I didn't come here for a fight," Butch starts and Buttercup just raises her eyebrow questioningly, "I came here to say that you uh well er you did good in the game today." And with that said Butch turned and left.

This was just the beginning to their little friendship. Their constant fighting became less and less. Butch and Buttercup grew closer as friends and soon enough they were each other's best friends. Both of them found that they actually enjoyed each other's company and that the other actually wasn't to bad. This only made Buttercup's crush on Butch grow.

Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain. Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain. Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile. Get me with those green eyes baby as the lights the go down. Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around. Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile.

High school sucks. Buttercup was tired of it all. There was always to much homework and then everyone judged her even though she kept their lives safe. So what if she wasn't as smart as Blossom, genius things and Brick Jojo have always been Blossom's life. So what if she wasn't as pretty as Bubbles, being beautiful and all that jazz plus Boomer Jojo was always Bubbles' thing. Buttercup didn't want to live in their shadows. She wanted to be herself.

Sighing, Buttercup started the walk home. She was to lazy and tired to fly herself home. Then out of nowhere it started to rain. Buttercup growled to herself. This was great just great. At the same time Butch was walking out of detention and noticed Buttercup walking home. Quickly cancelling all his plans, he ran after her.

"Hey Buttercup," Butch calls, finally catching up with her.

"What do you want, Butch," Buttercup asks angrily.

"Someone's crabby but I wanted to see if I could walk you home," Butch says, smiling a bit. Buttercup just shrugs and continues walking. Butch laughs a little and keeps his pace even with hers. Buttercup started to feel at ease when Butch smiled. It was like fireworks literally. As they walked past one puddle, Buttercup fell. Butch laughed as Buttercup sat up and brushed herself off. "Hey, you're bleeding," Butch points out.

"Huh? Oh, its nothing," Buttercup brushes it off, rubbing her now bleeding arm. Butch rolled his eyes and caught her arm in his hand. She raised her eyebrow at him. He just smiled again, his emerald green eyes being permanently burned into her memory to haunt her, and kissed it. Buttercup rolled her eyes but on the inside she was as giddy as Bubbles gets around Boomer.

My mind forgets to remind me you're a bad idea. You touch me once and its really something. You find I'm even better than you imagined I would be. I'm on my guard for the rest of the world but with you I know its no good.

Buttercup had her head on her desk, her eyes closed, and was very close to falling asleep when somebody tapped her shoulder. Quickly blinking the sleep from her eyes, she looked over her shoulder to see Butch's smiling face.

"Hey, let's ditch," Butch whispers to her.

"I don't know. The professor has been on my ass about all my ditching," Buttercup says. Butch looks intently at her and reaches over and grabs her hand.

"Come on. It'll be fun," Butch tries to persuade. And that's all it took to convince Buttercup. Her brain shut off and she ditched with Butch. Butch realized that Buttercup was actually so much better than what he thought a puff could be. Bubbles was all girly and crazy in love with Boomer. So right away Butch wanted nothing to do with her. Then he thought Blossom might be better. Smoking hot and smart too. But she was controlling, bossy, and cold like Brick. Hell, she even started dating Brick. But Buttercup… she was something else.

And I could wait patiently but I really wish you would drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain. Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain. Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile. Get me with those green eyes baby as the lights go down. Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around. Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile.

Buttercup and Butch sat down on the park bench, both doubling over with laughter. All of a sudden a crack of thunder and then the rain just started to pour down. Butch looked as Buttercup getting soaked. He quickly pulled her close to block her from the rain. She smiled gratefully at him. Butch couldn't help himself. He leaned forwards into Buttercup. She was to busy getting lost in those amazing green eyes of his and leaned forward too. Soon their lips were meeting in the middle in a passionate kiss.

I'll run my fingers through your hair and watch the lights go wild. Just keep on keeping your eyes on me. Its just wrong enough to make it feel right. And lead me up the staircase, won't you whisper soft and slow. I'm captivated by you baby like a fireworks show.

Butch slowly pulled away from the most amazing kiss he has ever received. It was the best one too. Her fingers were running through his hair. He smiled as he reached up and grabbed one of her hands with his own. He pulled it down and held it over his heart as her other hand still played with his black spikey hair. Buttercup knows that this moment here with Butch should feel so wrong but it feels so right to her.

"Come on. My house is right over there. Let's get out of the rain," Butch said, slowly pulling them both off. They raced through the rain to his house. Butch slowly leaded Buttercup up the stairs, holding her hand tightly. Both of them laughed as they rang out their soaking clothes. Each of them collapsed on the couch, not believing this was really happening. Butch leaned over and started whispering softly and slowly in her ear. Buttercup got lost in the firework show in his green eyes.

Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain. Kiss me on the sidewalk, take the pain away. Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile. Get me with those green eyes baby as the lights go down. Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around. Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile. And the sparks fly. Oh baby smile. And the sparks fly.

Just like before in the rain, Butch couldn't help himself. He quickly caught Buttercup's lips with his own. She was just so addictive. The sweetest thing he has ever tasted and boy was he hooked on her. She was almost like a drug to him. Their bodies finding ways to get closer to each other as humanly possible and then some. His eyes still bright in her mind as she got lost in Butch. The sparks flying in that room as they both smiled against each others lips.