Chapter 40 Greens

Chapter 40: Sk8er Boi

He was a boy. She was a girl. Can I make it anymore obvious? He was a punk. She did ballet. What more can I say? He wanted her. She'd never tell… secretly she wanted him as well. But all of her friends stuck up their nose. They had a problem with his baggy clothes.

What could Butch say? He was just a boy after all. And a pretty face is a pretty face. That pretty face on Butch's mind was none other than… Princess Morebucks. Could he really make it anymore obvious for you? He was a punk and she was a pretty girl. Isn't that how the story goes? Of course she did ballet, ran around in a tutu and matching pink shoes. Butch didn't care, he just wanted her. Not that Princess would admit it, but it was almost obvious she wanted him too. Except for the fact her "popular" friends didn't approve. He was mean, crude, and dressed in baggy clothes. Hot yes but worth their time? As if.

He was a skater boy. She said see ya later boy. He wasn't good enough for her. She had a pretty face but her head was up in space. She needed to come back down to earth.

The sun was shining and everyone was down at the skate park. It was the coolest hang out after all. And as usual there was Butch showing of his moves on his skateboard. No one doubted that he was easily the best, except for maybe Buttercup that is. He smiled at Princess as he came to a stop on his board.

"Hey Princess, what's sup?" Butch asked, putting on a charming grin. Princess smiled and laughed.

"Not much but I gotta go. So I'll see ya later," Princess said, ruffling Butch's hair a bit before taking her leave. Butch was to caught up in her pretty face to notice that her head was in space. Buttercup just rolled her eyes, thinking Princess needed to come back down to earth.

Five years from now. She sits at home. Feeding the babies, she's all alone. She turns on t.v. And guess who she sees… Skater boy rocking up mtv. She calls up her friends. They already know and they all got tickets to see his show. She tags along and stands in the crowd. Looks up at the man she turned down.

The kids were screaming like usual. They were hungry of course and Princess was struggling to feed them all. She hated being all alone with them. Kids were just so hard to take care of. So as they laid down for a nap, Princess turned on t.v. Butch's face came all plastered up on t.v. MTV was doing a whole marathon about him and his band.

Princess quickly picked up her phone and mass texted her friends. Of course they already knew and had tickets to one of his upcoming shows. So, Princess decided to tag along. Why not? It might be fun to see Butch again. After all he was famous now. So she and her friends stood in the crowd. Princess looked up at Butch as he shredded on his guitar, completely and utterly amazed at the man she turned down so many years ago.

He was a skater boy. She said see ya later boy. He wasn't good enough for her. Now he's a superstar. Living off his guitar to show pretty face what he's worth.

As she watched the show, Princess was remembering the times back at the skate park when Butch was just a skater boy. All those times she told him see ya later. And here he is now, a full blown superstar. And was he talented on that guitar. Butch was always the greatest skateboarder, but when he shredded that guitar. Princess couldn't imagine anything better. Little did she know, she was the cause of all this. Butch was so upset that he was never good enough for her that he just had to prove her wrong. And that was exactly what he was doing.

He was a skater boy. She said see ya later boy. He wasn't good enough for her. Now he's a superstar. Living off his guitar to show pretty face what he's worth.

Butch's over all appearance didn't change to much. He still looked like a skater boy just more grown up now. Still amazingly hot as always. Princess started wondering what in the world made her tell him see ya later. Maybe it was the fact she never really did notice him. He was just a skater boy. Definitely not good enough for her. But now he was a superstar. A superstar guitarist. He definitely had worth now.

Sorry girl but you missed out. What good luck. That boy's mine now. We are more than just good friends. This is how the story ends. To bad that you couldn't see… see the man that boy could be. There is more than meets the eye. I see the soul that's inside.

Princess was shocked when Butch took the microphone. She wasn't shocked by him taking the microphone but what he had said shocked her.

"Hey guys, we're going to do something really awesome tonight. I'd like to bring out a great singer and someone very close to me. She means something very special to me. So please everyone give a warm welcome to my girlfriend, Buttercup," Butch practically screamed into the microphone. Princess's mouth about hit the ground when she heard that. Butch and Buttercup? A couple? When she just starting to see what she missed out on too. Back then, Princess never thought they would ever be more than friends. She didn't see the man Butch could be like Buttercup did. She never noticed how much more to Butch there was then meets the eye. Princess never really saw Butch's soul like Buttercup did. And here was Butch living the fairytale ending to his story with Buttercup.

He's just a boy. And I'm just a girl. Can I make it anymore obvious? And we are in love. Haven't you heard how we rock each others worlds? I'm with the skater boy. I said see ya later boy. I'll be backstage after the show. I'll be at the studio. Singing that song we wrote about a girl you used to know.

Butch was always just a boy. Just like Buttercup was just a girl. But they really couldn't make it anymore obvious. The looks they shared, their closeness, their everything just showed that they were in love. Princess couldn't believe she hadn't heard about Butch. Now she hadn't heard about Butch, or Butch and Buttercup, or even how Butch and Buttercup rocked each others' worlds.

Buttercup was obviously with the skater boy that Princess always shot down. The only difference is when Buttercup says see ya later boy. Butch knows she going to be backstage waiting to jump into his arms after the show. Or she'll be at the studio, singing one of his songs. Even the one song they wrote together about a girl he used to know. Buttercup was obviously the one for him.

Yeah, I'm with the skater boy. I said see ya later boy. I'll be backstage after the show. I'll be at the studio. Singing that song we wrote about a girl you used to know.

There was no doubting that the skater boy and skater girl were together. Everyone knew she'd tell him see ya later but she never meant it as goodbye. Oh no. Buttercup couldn't stay away from Butch. She was in the backstage area whenever he had a show or showing up at the studio just to sing his songs. Even the one about a girl he used to know. Butch and Buttercup together just equaled love.