chapter 50 blues

Last Kiss

Oh where, oh where can my baby be? The lord took her away from me. She's gone to heaven, so I've got to be good. So, I can see my baby when I leave this world.

Boomer gently reached his fingers forward and etched the name carved into the stone. It shouldn't be their. His name should be in place of hers. Bubbles Utonium should not be written there. Silent tears formed in Boomer's eyes and slowly the poured down over his cheeks. A hand clasped down on his shoulders and Boomer jolted with fright.

"Boomer, you have to go home and sleep. Bubbles wouldn't want you to die crying at her grave," Brick says with sympathy in his voice.

"Even I know Bubbles would have wanted you to at least live your life. You know eating and sleeping?" Butch says in his own special way but the worried tone still clear in his voice.

Boomer nodded and sighed. His angel flew away to heaven and she was there waiting for him. He'd have to be good and make up for all the wrongs he had done in the past. Slowly, Boomer turned around and followed his brothers home.

We were out on a date in my daddy's car, we hadn't driven very far. There in the road, straight ahead, a car was stalled; the engine was dead. I couldn't stop, so I swerved to the right. I'll never forget the sound that night. The screaming tires, the busting glass, the painful scream I heard last.

"Ready to go?" Boomer asked as he and Bubbles left her house. Her bright smile shined upon him as she nodded excitedly.

"Of course," she said, giggling happily. Boomer couldn't help but smile. He took her hand in his and squeezed it tight. They slowly walked down on the little sidewalk, smiling at each other. Boomer open the door for her and Bubbles gracefully slid in. Boomer quickly got into the driver's side. "Whose care is this?"

"Brick borrowed it from Mojo Jojo. He'd do anything for Brick since he's so good. Kinda like Blossom," Boomer says, with a crooked smirk. Bubbles laughed gleefully as Boomer started to drive. They were chit chatting, enjoying each other's company, when out of nowhere a car appeared. It was unmoving and right in their path. Boomer turned trying to avoid it. Bubbles' eyes were wide with fear. The tires squealed an awful sound and the glass shattered. In Bubbles and Boomer's eyes it broke in slow motion. Then right before Boomer heard the most horrible noise he could imagine. Bubbles' painful scream pierced his ears and then he was lost in the darkness.

Oh where, oh where can my baby be? The lord took her away from me. She's gone to heaven, so I've got to be good. So I can see my baby when I leave this world. When I woke up, the rain was pouring down. There were people standing all around. Something warm flowing through my eyes but somehow I found my baby that night.

Bright light and the smell of the hospital hit Boomer when his eyes blinked open. He could hear the sound of a thunderstorm beating down like all the angels crying about something sad. Butch, Brick, Mojo Jojo, and various others were crowded around him. Boomer felt something stuck in his throat and his got really wet. Tears were falling again but Boomer didn't know it. Hours passed by in a blur.

That night when everyone was gone, Boomer slowly climbed out of bed. Ignoring the pain in his body, he slowly made his way through the hospital. Checking every room he came across, Boomer searched for Bubbles. Finally at last he found her. He found his baby.

I lifted her head, she looked at me and said, hold me darling just a little while. I held her close. I kissed her our last kiss. I'd found the love that I knew I had missed. Well, now she's gone even though I held her tight. I lost my love, my life that night. Oh where, oh where can my baby be? The lord took her away from me. She's gone to heaven, so I've got to be good. So I can see my baby when I leave this world. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh.

Boomer ran to Bubbles and to his surprise, she was awake. He gently placed his hands under head and lifted it up. Her sky blue eyes looked at him.

"Boomer, please just hold me," Bubbles asked. Boomer couldn't speak but he nodded. He was horrified he could be stupid enough to cause her this much pain. Boomer gently placed his lips against hers. She gave him a gentle kiss back. Somehow, Boomer knew this would be their last kiss. It was like Bubbles was telling him it would be through her kiss.

Thinking of that night, Boomer knows he lost his love...his life that night. All that love he found with her, he knew he was going to miss out on how much love they could have had. Even though Bubbles was gone, Boomer held her tight. He would forever treasure their last kiss until he met his angel in heaven.