It's complicated - Chapter 9

Flora p.o.v

"Flora what the fuck is this?" Says my dad, that's the charming line I wake to. I'm almost a bit annoyed I mean he woke me up, but then he never swears.

"What?" I say rubbing my eyes and yawning as I sit up. 

My dad practically launches a newspaper at me from the doorway and stands glaring at me as I pick it up, I wonder what it could possibly be about, I flip it over, and wonder if I'm still dreaming or something as the full reality of what's on the front of the paper hits me. 

I look over the front page of The Sun, I feel my draw drop and I go cold even though my bed is toasty warm, my dad looks fuming and he has every right to be. There's a headline in white 'Managers daughter under Styles spell?' and then all around it, pictures, me in the club with him, and then a bit I hardly remember ; the journey from the car to the villa's, going into his villa where pur faces are locked together anyway, and then us on the beach the day after, the kiss there, a water fight, and then a zoomed in shot of the love bite, and somehow there are some of him protecting me at the airport even though I couldn't see a thing so I don't know how they got it on camera, and then us meeting in the cafe a couple of days ago, and finally, me going into Harry's house, soaking wet, and leaving in a pair of his boxers, looking totally shifty. 

I'm shocked, and confused, all of this was just friendly the kisses and the love bite were accidents, but it doesn't look at all like that, the captions make it sound dirty and suspicious. If I was a fan I'd beleive we're dating. 

"Oh God" I just about manage to say wincing as I look back at my dad and take another mouthful of abuse. 

"It wasn't what it looks like" I whisper , nearly in tears.

"I know what the media are like,I know how they twist everything the boys do! but whether it was what it looks like or not everybody thinks it's what the papers have made it out to be, I thought you had more sense!" He says. 

"I do! We're just friend's they're making it out nothing like what it was" I protest. 

"Well he still did that didn't he? you also lied to me!" He says gesturing to the blown up picture of the love bite.

"Yes,sorry" I say succumbing to his anger and looking down at my duvet, I can't cry until he's gone. 

"You don't know how much hassle this is going to cause me! And all the hate you get, I'm not sympathetic, but for now I have to go and sort your mess out, you're in my house so you're grounded and you can't talk to him, you're allowed a one minute phone call to tell him why I'll check your phone when I'm home, bye" My dad says pulling the door open angrily. 

"Dad!" I call about to burst into tears. 

"What?" He says. 

"It's not all Harry's fault" I plead, his expression doesn't change and he slams the door.

I collapse back onto my pillow, sobbing into it, I kick the newspaper violently off of my bed, and curl up. I did everything I could to avoid this outcome, but it still happened, and we're not even dating we're just friends, I hear my mum knock but shout at her to go away.

I eventually compose myself to talk to Harry, but how can I pour out everything to him in one minute? I press call and it rings a couple of times, I pray he'll answer. 

"Hey you!" He says almost instantly as he picks up. 

"Harry!" I say, trying to hold back tears.

"What's up?" He says sensing something strange in my voice. 

"The paper!" I say biting my lip. 

"Oh that.." He says quietly. 

 "that? that!? have you seen it!?" I say getting all shaky. 

"No..not yet, I'm sure it's not that bad" He says. 

"Harry there's pictures of everything! even when we were going into the villa's, we were practically stripping each other!" I say letting the tears fall anyway, but trying to keep my voice low. 

"Oh.. don't get upset Flora please" He says, he sounds a bit upset now too, I can hear the other boys in the background. 

"Where are you?" I ask whispering to attempt to staunt the flow of tears. 

"On the way to meet your dad.." He says. 

"He's so pissed off with us both" I say. 

"I know, got a bit of that when he called me and shouted at me, and then told us we had to meet him and the whole management team" Harry says. 

"I don't want you to take all the blame" I say crying again. 

"It's fine, you're being punished I'm guessing?" He says. 

"I...I'm not allowed to see you anymore" I whisper. 

"Oh" He says sadly. 

 "I'm so sorry" I say audiably sobbing now.

"No it's fine! I will see you, I promise, I'll find a way" He says. 

"Promise?" I ask swallowing the fresh load of tears. 

"Promise, make sure you're in your room tonight" He says. This gives me a tiny bit of hope and exitement. 

"Okay, I have to go, good luck with dad, bye" I say. 

"Bye babe, and it'll be fine,he's a softie, and I WILL see you later" He says, I hang up and I'm so angry and upset I start to cry again, everythings so confusing, I throw my phone at the wall in anger and it smashes splattering plastic and metal everywhere before I even realise what I've done.

I don't know why I'm this upset though, I'm in denial, I like Harry, and I totally would date him, every kiss,every hug, I liked, but I didn't dare tell him how I felt because of my dad and the fans, now all that has gone out the window ,what's stopping me, I find myself exited for later, what can he possibly be planning? 

I look where one of my blackberry keys has fallen on my bed I pick it up and turn it over carefully, it's the 'H' this just pisses me off more but I place it gently on my bedside table next to the little glass heart ,I drift off again filled with despair. 

"Flora, wake up, Lauren's here to see you" I hear my mum. 

"I don't want to see anyone" I huff wrapping my duvet tighter around me, I see it's nearly 1pm and sigh closing my eyes. 

"Go in Lauren love, your efforts will be as good as anyones" I hear my mum.

"Flora, don't be lazy, get up, we're going out" I hear Lauren's voice, 

"Piss off!" I huff. 

"Oooh moody" She says sitting on my bed. 

"Why are you being like this, becaus the article came out? I mean I know they twisted what you said.." She says. 

"I'm not allowed to see Harry anymore!" I say trying not to cry. 

"Oh, that's shit, well why do you care ? you don't even fancy him" She says. 

"I do Lauren! I do!" I say sitting up and bursting into tears.

"It's okay, you'll see him soon, your dad won't hold out for long" She says giving me a hug. 

"Come on, come to Starbucks with me, you'll feel better" She says. I nod wiping my eyes and catching the clothes she chucks at me to put on. 

"What're these?" She picks them up, I look at the Calvin Klein boxers sadly. 

"Oh" She says dropping them and picking up the Purple JW hoodie. The giving that to me, nodding gently.  And shoving me into the En-Suite shutting the door.