It's complicated - Chapter 39

Flora p.o.v

"Do I have to?" I ask. Moaning and pulling a face. 

"Yes, yes you do, if you don't you will never do it, and you love your dad, you know you do, so just do it" He says practically pushing me out of the car door. 

"Why can't you come?" I moan. 

"Because, you need to do it yourself otherwise I'll end up doing it all myself, plus...plus I got stuff to do" He says. 

"Stop keeping secrets from me!" I protest, trying to find an argument to stall time. 

"I'm not, beautiful, if you must know, I'm going to buy paint and stuff for the house, we have to finish it before the babies come okay, no time to waste, 5 weeks left, yay, now goodbye, I love you, text me when you want picking up" He says shutting the door, blowing me a kiss and waving smugly before driving off. My mum will be out in a sec so I should just go for it. 

"I hate you" I mutter in the vague direction Harry drove off. I sigh turning round and heading towards my so  very familliar front door.

"Well he's useless, you two need to help me out" I murmur resting a hand on my stomach as I knock.

My mum answers smiling at me. 

"Flora! finally, we were wondering when you were going to get here, you look ready to pop" She laughs, patting my stomach. 

"Yeah.. I guess, where's dad?" I ask. My mum doesn't have time to answer before Joey comes balling through from the living room hugging my legs. 

"Hey Flory, when I look up I can't see your face" He laughs in delight, as I look down I realise the only reason I know he's hugging my legs is because I can feel him, the veiw of him is completely obscured by my stomach. 

"He's in the living room, let me take your coat?" She asks. 

"Oh okay" I say shrugging off my green parka that doesn't actually fit round my anymore and passing it to her, I take a deep breath and Joey eventually detaches himself from me so I head into the living room. 

He's sitting on the sofa, drinking tea, reading the paper, being completely casual although I know he'd be just as nervous as me underneath. Me and Dad are quite alike in that respect I suppose. 

"Hey Dad" I say. Sitting down next to him. 

"Hey Flora Dora" He looks up putting his paper down, He always used to call me that, because my middle name is Dorothy, which is also his mum's name. I have definitely got over our argument and what he said to me, I'm not one to hold grudges, and neither is he, which brings me to realisation on how simmilar we are.

There's an awkward silence for a moment or two. 

"Sorry" We suddenly both say in unison. 

But he jumps in with

"No I really am sorry" before I have a chance to. 

"It's fine, I didn't mean to get that angry, I'm just a bit hormonal y'know" I say awkwardly. 

"I understand, I don't have that excuse of course" He laughs. 

"What paper you reading?" I ask smiling. Feeling ever so slightly normal, I always ask him this question, it was  running joke, because I know full well what paper he reads with his cup of tea on a Sunday morning. 

"The Telegraph" He says with perfect seriousness, it's hilarious when he does this, I can't help laughing.

"Oh interesting choice" I nod. I know now though this for us is forgiveness me and my dad never were that close but we had funny conversations and jokes and that's how it always was, we don't have a chance to continue the conversation when Joey comes in again. 

"Hey Flory! guess what! I'm gonna gove your little boy my cuddly Ben 10!" He shouts thrusting the cuddly Ben 10 at me, when Joey says 'guess what' it's not a question, it's a statement which he always answers himself before you have a chance to.

"That's nice of you J! are you sure?" I ask. 

"Yeah! he's gonna love Ben 10! Does Harry like Ben 10?" He asks. He's obsessed with Harry, he'd trade me in for Harry any day. 

"Yeah Harry loves Ben 10 Joey" I say laughing. 

"Do you want a drink dear?" My mum asks interuppting the Ben 10 conversation. 

"Em.. a Hot Chocolate would be great? please" I ask questioningly.

"Sure, won't be a minute" She says dissapearing into the kitchen. 

A few hours later I physically cannot consume another biscuit, or drink another cup of hot chocolate and mum and dad finally let me go, I text Harry and hear the beep of his range rover as I step into the cold November air, I shiver pulling the coat as far as it'll go around me.

I get in the car my teeth chattering, luckily the heating is on. 

"Hello stranger, how did it go?" He asks. 

"Good actually" I nod. 

"Really!?... well that's great!" He sounds suprised.

"I know right" I smile. 

"I had genuinely run out of stuff to buy while I was waiting for you to text" He laughs. 

"Sorry, they gave me biscuits, I couldn't refuse" I laugh. 

"Hm okay, well I have you to myself now" He laughs. 

"You sure do" I murmur as he places his warm hand on top of my cold one. 

"Hey I was thinking.." He starts. 

"Mmhm" I say absent mindedly. 

"Your due date.. well your 35 week date is christmas eve..and Lou's birthday! How cool is that" He says.

"That's mega sweet" I say. 

"We need to make sure the house is ready, and we have a christmas tree and everything" He says. 

"Yeah, they'd be the best christmas present ever wouldn't they" I say quietly resting a hand on my stomach. 

"Agreed" Harry says. 

"Do you know what I'm gonna do when I get home" I say. 

"Have a hot bath.. with bubbles.." I say randomly. 

"Same" He says. 

"After me..." I say. 

"No..with you" He says devilishly. 

"No.. you can get me a chinese.. and then you can come in" I grin. 

"Deal" He says eagerly. 

"Deal" I comfirm. 

"Okay.. I'll drop you off at home. then I'll be back in 15" He says. I laugh blowing him a kiss as he drives off.