It's complicated - Chapter 10

Harry p.o.v

It's just approaching 11 and I'm ready to leave, I feel bad for doing this considering how angry poor old John was this morning, but he'll get over it, and I promised Flora I'd come and see her, I've tried ringing her but she did say her dad was taking her phone away.

I start the car and I'm at the entrance to Flora's road within 5 minutes, I pull up silently and decide to walk the rest to avoid her parents wondering whose outside, I see her Fiat 500 and know she's in. It's a good job Flora's bedroom is at the front of the house or I'd be screwed.

I walk silently across the grass and search in the flower bed for a decent sized stone, this is where my aim comes in, I look up to the third floor window on the left, with the turquoise floaty curtains, even though it's dark I can see their tint.

I aim and throw the stone it spins and I can hear the chinking sound it makes on the window, I throw another one harder, the lights are off, I throw another really hard, and the bang echoes, I curse quietly, but it must have done the job because I see the curtains twitch and her face appears at the window, her hairs falling messily down her shoulders and she's only in a vest top and shorts I prefer her natural anyway though. She opens it quietly. 

"Harry, what the hell?" Is the first thing she says, even though she's smiling. 

"Sorry, I did tell you I'd come and see you didn't I ?" I grin. 

"You're mad" She says. 

"I know" I say leaning casually on her wheely bin. 

"You do know what my dad would do to you if he saw you right now" She says. 

"Yep" I say smiling even more. 

"So, what now Night Stalker?" She asks laughing.

"You come out" I say, I haven't really thought this through if I'm honest I don't know how she's going to get out.

"How!?" She asks. I look up the exterior of her house, and see the drainpipe, it's almost like she reads my mind. 

"No way! NO! jog on, never" She says. 

"Fine, if you don't want to come out, or if you want to risk going downstairs" I say turning away. 

"No! don't go" She says. 

"Do it then" I say. 

"What if I fall?" She says. 

"Then I'll catch you" I say. I actually have no faith in myself to catch her but it might make her feel better. 

She climbs nimble out onto the window ledge and wraps one arm tightly around the drain pipe and then one leg and then just about manages to clasp onto it with the other arm, I'm actually quite nervous about this now, but she seems okay she's actually quite agile. 

"I so didn't think about this when I asked for the third floor bedroom" She calls. 

"You're doing great" I say, standing beneath her just in case. 

She hops down and I grab her by the waist pulling her to me. 

"Good work" I say hugging her tightly. 

"Mmmhmm" She murmers burying her face in my neck. 

"Whe're we going?" She says after a few minutes. 

"You'll see in a sec" I say pulling her along by the hand, luckily she managed to get her converse on. 

"Aren't you cold?" I say putting an arm around her shoulders where I can feel goosebumps.

"Just a bit" She says, even though I can hear her teeth chattering, and it's unusually cold for this time of year. I pull off my jumper and wrap it around her bare shoulders even though we're at the car now. I put the heaters on straight away and she smiles greatfully at me.

"Are we going to yours?" She asks as I head off in that direction. 

"Nope" I say mysteriously.

"Ugh what's with the guessing game" She says as I head off down a lane, I pull up in a lay by.

"Come on" I say pulling her close to me, I head through some tree's and over a little hill, then there's a lake shiny and transulucent in the clear moonlight. Willows hang over on the opposit side, I sit down on the hill.  And Flora sits next to me. 

"This is beautiful Haz" She says looking up and lying back, the stars shine brightly, I lie next to her. 

"I know" I say. 

"How did you know this was here?" She asks. 

"I've known about it since the day I moved to our flat, I went for a walk and stumbled upon it, but it's completely hidden" I say. 

"It's lovely" She says. 

"I come here when I need to think about things" I say. 

"Do you ever see anyone else down here?" She asks. 

"Nope,never, it's pretty spooky sometimes" I say, just then she shivers so I pull her close to me and we lie together, I know we're both looking at the stars.

"I can see your star sign" I say. 

"I can't, I always look at the stars this time of year, not once have I seen Leo the Lion" She says. 

"You do realise it doesn't actually look like a Lion?" I say laughing. 

"What!? my whole life is a lie" She says. 

"Well it kind of does, look" I point out the slight outline of a lion. 

"I guess it works if you squint" She says sighing and resting her head on my chest curling up next to me, I suppose most people would say we're mad, after all, it is freezing. 

"Look at the stars look how they shine for you..." I sing softly, it's one of my favourite songs, and I couldn't resist. 

"And everything you do..." I continue, I hear her laugh softly. 

"I'm not doing anything" She says quietly. I laugh and there's silence for a bit apart from out in-sync breathing. I don't think either of us wants to think about how late it is. I suddenly remember something I really need to tell her.

"We're going to L.A for a week" I say, she sits up. 

"Really?" She says sadly. I nod and pull her in for a cuddle. 

"It'll fly by though" I say. 

"You think?" She asks. 

"I know, maybe if I can impress your dad, he'll reconsider, I mean now the damage is done, and I still have to take you on that date" I say grinning. 

"Well be a good boy then" She laughs.

"And we can call right?" I say. 

"My phone broke" She says. 

"What!? how?" I say. 

"I emm.. threw it at a wall" She says. I snort with laughter. 

"I never had you down as the angry type" I laugh. 

"I'm not usually" She says. 

"Well you get yourself a new one then a.s.a.p?" I say. 

"Okay, just for you" She says. 

"Great until then..." I say dipping my hand into my jacket which she's wearing and pulling out a peice of paper, it has my number on it and I hand it to her. She looks at me incredulously.

"I keep it there in case I see a pretty girl at a signing or something, so then I can just give it to her discretely, but it's yours, obviously I don't need it anymore" I say, taking her and rubbing it softly warming her small hand up. 

"You're such a player" She laughs. 

"Not anymore, I will not look another girl in the eye while we're in L.A , promise" He says.

"Good, anyway we need to get back, I have to get to bed undetected and you're catching a flight" She says sadly getting up and pulling me with her.