It's complicated - Chapter 32

Harry p.o.v

We arrive at Tom and Louise's chelsea home and knock on the door, Tom suggested we babysit Lux to try and practice. And to be honest, I think I probably need it, babies aren't my thing, I can do the playing part, but the whole nappy changing lark I was planning on leaving it to Flora. I don't think she's totally on the ball with that either.

Tom opens the door with Lux in one arm, She's fiddling with his hair and he looks no-where near ready to go out, that's what people say it's like when you have kids, your whole day is a giant rush until the kids go to bed.

"Thank god you're here, Lux is being awkward and doesn't want to be put down, and Lou's been getting ready for about three hours, so I haven't had a chance" He says passing Lux to Flora, Lux seems perfectly happy to see us. Bouncing up and down in exitement. 

We head into the kitchen and I put the kettle on, Louise suddenly comes in, pulling on her black prada heels, and saying a quick goodbye to Lux and grabbing her coat, she only leaves us with;

"Don't hesitate to call if you need us, we'll be back about midnight, she's ready for bed, you know where everything is, have fun" 

And they're gone.

"Wow" I say as I hear the door slam. 

"MmHm" Flora murmers in agreement. 

"You tired Lux?" I ask absent mindedly as I put her bottle in the microwave to heat up. She gurgles at me waving her toy Girraffe in my face. 

"I'll take that as a yes then?" I raise my eyebrows at Flora, then pull a funny face at Lux making her laugh.

"Yes" Nods Flora, picking up Lux and taking her upstairs, Lux wrinkles her nose at me over Flora's shoulder.

The microwave pings and I grab the bottle shaking it as I go up the stairs. I take a left at the top of the stairs into Lux's little pink nursery, Flora's just laid her down in the crib and is leaning over talking to her, she hears me come in and stands up stretching out her back I take her place and pass Lux her bottle she takes is smiling and putting it to her mouth instantly and blinking back at me with her big blue eyes. 

She drains it within two minutes and reaches out handing it to me. Me and Flora both study her intently as she then yawns hugs her toy to her chest and rolls over to lay on her stomach. 

"Are they meant to do that?" I ask. 

"Emm.. I guess so" She says unsure. 

We both laugh at ourselves quietly in the dark trying not to wake Lux. 

"We're hopeless aren't we" She says. 

"Hm that's one way of putting it, we could also call it 'open to new idea's and ready to learn?' " I laugh. 

"Lets go with that" She whispers taking my hand. We stand in silence and hear her breathing even out and she omits little sighs and snores every so often.

"I think she's asleep" I say finally. 

"Yep, congratulations to us" She says, I hear Lux start to whimper and then break into a cry as we get out onto the landing. Flora turns back towards the room but I stop her. 

"I'll go, you sit down?" I say directing her down the stairs. 

"Sure?" She turns back to me. 

"Positive" I say kissing her cheek. 

I pick Lux up and rock her gently for a second or two but she keeps crying. What can I use to ym advantage here, without making her more awake?

An idea suddenly springs to me. 

"Isn't she lovely,isn't she wonderful,isn't she precious, less than one minute old, and I never thought, through love we-" I start singing deeply and softly, and before I finish the verse she's snoring lightly. 

I smile and lay her down gently turning of the light and slipping out of the door in silence. I get down and Flora's curled up on the sofa. 

"I heard you" She says quietly in slight amusement. 

"How!?" I ask. 

"Through the baby monitor" She says. 

"Oh" I smile adjusting her position so I can sit down.

I rest my hand on her stomach as she falls asleep. I suddenly feel a gentle nudge, I move my hand instantly frowning and pulling her top up gently, The nudge comes again but this time it's visible, I notice Flora stir but I'm still mesmerised. 

"Ow" Is the first thing she says before she sits up. 

"Is that them?" I ask putting my hand back on there. 

"No, it's their pet dog of course it's them silly" She says, I feel the nudge directly under my hand again so I press on her stomach lightly which is responded with another kick. 

"Do you mind" Laughs Flora. 

"Sorry, I'm communicating, one must get in touch with an unborn foetus" I laugh. 

"Freak" She mutters. 

"What I'm coaching him?" I say. 

"Coaching him!?" She says in amusement. 

"Yep, my little lad is gonna be a footballer" I say. 

"What if it's your daughter?" She asks. 

"Emm.. a dancer" I say, continuing to prod her stomach depending on where the babies do. 

"Hm whatever, just don't wake me up in future" She says smiling

"They started it" I laugh.