It's complicated - Chapter 26

Harry p.o.v

I think I'm more nervous than I have ever been in my life, more nervous than before the TXF finals, than before our first live performance. Because me and the boys are on our way to the first meeting since Flora told her dad yesterday, I haven't spoken to her yet, I didn't want to bother her at college. 

We're at the complex we always come to for meetings, a modern building with lots of windows, I dig my hands into my hoodie pockets, frowning and watching my feet as I walk. 

"Cheer up Haz, it'll be okay" Liam nudges me. I mumble something along the lines of ; I know. Grumpily and security let us into the building, we ride the eleavator and I find myself with sweaty palms, I tell myself it's only John, I mean we wall love him really, but I know how much he cares about Flora, because I care about her myself.

We enter our room, and the whole of the management team are there, I was almost bracing myself for him to let rip, I thought he was going to shout at me, but he's just there sitting in silence, looking dissapointed if I'm honest. Which makes me feel worse. 

"Alright lads?" Says our assistant manager Ron as we sit down, the boys murmer replies and I barely manage a nod, John's totally looking at me, but I can't bring myself to regain eye-contact even though that would probably be respectful.

"Look I think we all know the reason we're here without going over it to closely, but we just feel like we need to discuss further details, so we can resolve the issue with somethine that's best for you all, and Flora, and us" Says Ron. 

"Firstly would you consider abortion,adoption etc.." He says obviously trying to be tactful. 

"What!? no, no, why are we doing this without Flora here!?" I say, almost disgusted. 

"Okay, well forget about that, but do you understand how difficult juggling a full time career with a family will be?" He says. 

"Yes" I say simply. 

"Well, I hope so, because you'll need to see that child" Says Ron.

"That's the thing.." I say. I hear the boys mumble they obviously know what I'm going to say next.

"Yes?" Says Ron, even Flora's dad looks up. 

"It's twins" I say wincing again. 

"Bloody hell" I hear a voice as I look up. And it's not Ron. 

I look at him and he looks back for a second, but he doesn't look angry. 

"I'm too young to be a grandad" He mutters, even with a hint of a smile. 

"You're not that young!" Says Louis, he definitely cracks a smile this time. 

"Are you angry?" Are the first words I can muster.

"No, more dissapointed in how irresponsible you both are" He says, I nod accepting this, I mean this is better than I was expecting. 

"I see" Is all I say. 

"I hope you do see, because you must be able to see why I'm dissapointed, I agreed to let you and Flora go ahead, do you know how hard that was for me seeing the hate every girl you're even just friend's with goes through, and then this happened" He says. 

"Yeah, I get it" I say not really wanting to say anything else.

"I don't even want to give you the chat on the birds and the bee's, because I know you don't need it, and to be honest I have no interest on how it happened" He says. 

"Okay..." I say, feeling releived. 

"I'm most dissapointed in myself.." He says. And this time he looks truly distanced and upset. 

"Why?" I dare to ask. 

"Because I lost control yesterday, and she left, and now she really doesn't like me, and probably doesn't want me to have anything to do with the baby.." He says. 

"Babies" I can't help correcting him. 

"Right, and then what she said to me about how I was a bad dad, that made me realise how bad I was during her childhood, I never saw her.." He says, his expression is enough to make me vow that I'll see those children every day, from the day they're born, and if I'm away, I'll spend extra time with them when I'm back, I'll take my little boy to football, and my little girl to ballet... or horse riding, and I'll love Flora more than anything, every day will be like the first night we spent together, every kiss like our first, I know it sounds cheesey but thinking about it makes me want to cry, I think Flora's extra hormones must have rubbed off on me. 

"Aw uncle John" Says Louis, getting up and the boys follow giving him a group hug, I join in at the end and as we all break away he takes my hand and whispers something to me. 

"Look after her Harry, better than I did?" He says, looking at me, I nod. 

"She'll come round soon, she doesn't hate you" I say, this seems to ease his frown, then we sit down to the meeting, and John really goes into manager mode, I don't know whether he's taking extra precautions just because it's Flora, or if he'd be the same with Juliette,Abbie,Lauren or Faith.

 "So, obviously the next thing that's going to happen is the press will get hold of it, and to be honest I'm suprised it hasn't got out yet I mean, how far along is she?" He asks, I know he wants to know this personally just as much as he does for buisness purposes. 

"Em.. 16 weeks? I think." I say. 

"Okay, and twins? so it shows quicker, I assume?" He says, everyone can hear a tone of hurt in his voice, he knows he's pushed Flora out, and he's got to gain her trust again.

"I guess so.." I say. 

"So you're lucky they haven't noticed yet, but to be honest, I didn't notice and I live with her" He mumbles, everyone's silent and I so want to say 'that's because you never pay any attention to her and you never did' but it's unesscessarily harsh, because he's probably telling himself this now.

We talk through things thoroughly ,saying when the media gets hold of it, as soon as I see something confirm the rumours however I want. 

"I would say she could move back in with the babies, but I doubt she'll want to" Says John, he actually looks a bit upset. 

"We're going to buy a house" I say. He looks at me, but he seems pleased, that I've made a decision. 

"Well.. good, if you need any help, let us know, with that we can finish off, be at the studios tommorow for 10 boys" He says, but his gaze doesn't leave me, I know he wants to say something, a message for Flora maybe, or perhaps an apology, but we both know there's no point, being how stroppy and stubborn she is at the moment she won't be having any of it.