It's complicated - Chapter 34

Harry p.o.v

I wake up on the kitchen floor, I don't think I know how I got there last night, I guess that was the last place I called Flora before I pretty much collapsed, I can already hear everyone's hushed voices, my heads aching and I guess you can call it sleep but I got about an hour of it, and it was in and out. 

Why haven't they come back? I don't get it, they would have said something, they have a phone each, they have cars, they have money, what's stopping them, we contacted management at about 11 last night but I'm guessing Louis would be the first person to come and dive on me to tell me if they found anyone, I remember Niall and Liam trying to help me towards the bedroom or even the sofa last night, but I wanted to stay here, YES that's how I got here. I turn my head over distracting myself from the headache, and realise it's Flora's pillow that someone put under my head, it smells of her, it makes me angry, I don't even know what it makes me actually, am I over reacting?

Suddenly the post makes me jump, I leap up, why would they send anything through the post? seriously this is how desperate I am. I look at the two small padded envelopes, one to me, and one to Lou, in the same scruffy handwriting, but it's not Flora's. 

"Is that Lauren's writing?" I ask, I know Lou's behind me. I turn and he shakes his head, his eyes are puffy and bloodshot, I catch sight of mine in the marble top on our counter, they're the same. 

I follow him dazedly back into the living room, everyone's silent. 

"You first" Louis says. I nod, what the fuck do I have to loose? It's a DVD, with something written on a note. 'a message for you...' the same writing, and the something else falls out, the stone, the little heartshaped washed up stone I gave her on the beach that day. It must have been in Flora's pocket, so the DVD is about Flora.

My throat dries up. 

"Harry what is it!?" Asks Louis, leaning over and shaking me.

"Lay off Louis" Says Liam tugging at his arm. And sitting him back down firmly between him and Abbie. 

"It's Flora's" I whisper. 

"But that's not her writing!" Says Faith. 

"Do you want to watch it Haz?" Asks Zayn. 

"Yes! yes, I need to find out what's going on" I whisper. Niall nods and takes the DVD, the screen flashes white and then there's Flora, but she looks terrified, her eye make-up is smudged down her face, her scared eyes filled with tears that I can tell she's trying not to let fall, for my sake? 

"Turn it off!" Says Juliette instantly. 

"No!" I try and shout but it comes out softly spoken and rough. 

I hear someone gasp, and then I see it too, a gun, the tip of a gun on the left side of her head, she's being held at gun point.

"What the fuck?" Is the first thing I hear anyone say. 

"Shutup!" I shout, I want to hear what Flora's saying.

"Hi...." She gulps, where her voice has gone, closing her eyes making an influx of tears fall on her cheeks.  Everythings dead silent I can feel my own shallow breathing. She attempts to compose herself. 

"I'm okay.. and so are the babies, and you shouldn't.. worry,about anything..." She's actually cringing, as if it puts her in physical pain to say these words, we all know they're not true, I can see it in her eyes, they're crying out for help, but of course she can't say that, she wouldn't have time to say a word before that bastard puts a bullet through her head. I hear paper rustling and I know she's being told to read it.

I realise I don't know who the fuck is making her do this.

"But my aqquaintence has very kindly offered to return me, for a ransome of £20,000, meet at midnight, with the money in cash, on the bride next to croft farm, sussex c03 2n1, don't bring police for my safety, please come, I'll see you soon,I love you" She finishes, tears streaming down her face, and mine too,the only words I'm sure weren't scripted were 'please' and 'I love you' I suddenly realise they meant to cut the camera, as I watch her get up, she's in the clothes she left the house in yesterday morning, but they look dirty, and her top has a rip in down the side, her arms are tied behind her, and her around her neck there is quite obviously a piece of gag material, I can't hold in my anger, but I have to as I hear talking. 

"Good job love, you milked it for all it was worth, that 'I love you' that got him good I reckon" I hear a voice. A mans voice. 

"I wasn't milking it, I do love him" I hear her say. 

"Oh shutup with the lovesick girl act" I hear the voice, and then hers but it's not her voice it's a choking noise and the gags gone from her neck, it repulses me whatever they're doing to her, suddenly there's commotion as whatever brightspark left the camera on turns it off. 

We're in silence, I hurl the TV remote at the wall with all I'm worth as I hear it crash against the wall, but I already have my face in my hands. 

"We need to watch Lauren's!" I hear Louis' voice. 

"No Lou! it'll make you feel worse, we've heard what we need to hear" Says Zayn firmly. I hear a sharp snap and realise it must be his DVD. He's the lucky one, I wish I hadn't gone first, I wish I hadn't seen that. 

There's silence and several pairs of arms secure themselves around me, and call my name softly every so often, in the end they just carry on the discussion without me.

"What do we do?" Faith says. 

"Anything, anything to get them out" I hear Louis say through gritted teeth, I know I should be doing something but I can't bring myself to move. 

"We should call the Police" Says Liam. 

"No! we pay the ransome get the girls, then leave the police to deal with it, otherwise it'll get out to the fans, and the where will we be" Counters Zayn. 

"I guess we can easily afford it" adds in Niall. I hear nods of agreement. 

"No!" I suddenly say. They all look astonished to hear something from me. 

"Why?" They ask. 

"Imagine if it goes wrong, we could all end up dead, we know where they are, call the police, don't give those bastards what they want" I say. Suddenly everyone's agreeing with me, I swear once we get them back though I'm never letting Flora out of my sight.

"Does management know?" I ask.

"Yeah, Ron's on it, and I just text him to get the Police round a.s.a.p" Says Liam. 

"It'll be alright lads" Says Zayn coming to sit between me and Lou putting an arm around each of us. 

"It just bothers me, who the fuck are they?" Whispers Louis, which is the question I've been dying to know the answer to.