It's complicated - Chapter 42

Harry p.o.v

I lean against the translucent plastic encasing their tiny bodies, I can barely keep my eyes open yet I'm transfixed. They're both sleeping peacefully, in matching pink and blue baby vests. They both have a mass of tufty brown hair,but it still has a tint of auburn from Flora, it's too early to tell whether it'll form into curls yet. They both have huge eyes bright and inquisitive, almost to big for their heads, they're like an aquamarine colour, a bit greener than mine, like the colour of the sea, on the beach where me and Flora spent our first week together. 

I smile, remembering. It seems oh so long ago, but I don't want to go back, we've overcome so much since then, and I suppose to show for those memories we have these two, which I can personally say is the best christmas present ever. 

Darcy Leigh Styles & Dylan Lewis Styles, born 3am this morning,Christmas Morning. After what seemed like a long night, but apparently it was quick as the labour process goes, my ears hurt though, and god has Flora got a scream on her, but I wouldn't have wanted to be any place other than where I was last night, next to the girl I love. 

The others waited outside until 2am but I told them to come back this morning, we'll be expecting them any minute now, as Louis rang and told us 6am this morning, it's half 7 now, and Flora's gone to get a shower, I didn't want to put either Darcy or Dylan down for one moment but they've drifted off pretty easily.

I find myself nodding off as I watch their tiny chests rise and fall almost in sync, I wake myself up reaching for the coffee I got earlier. I reach down towards Darcy touching her little stretched open palm with my ring finger, she doesn't wake but she sighs a little breath and clasps her hand around my finger squeezing tightly so her tiny features wrinkle, it seems so give her some comfort as her little breaths steady again and she holds on her hand only just fitting round it.

I smile and look at Dylan my head at an awkward angle because I don't want to break contact with Darcy. He's sleeping on his belly,his little fists balled up. 

I hear the door go and turn, it's Flora, it seems so odd to see her without a massive bump. 

"Happy Christmas" I say as she dumps her stuff on the hospital bed moving over to stand next to me, almost as if they can sense she's near, Dylan wakes up, first with a little moan and by rolling onto his back and then he starts to cry, this instantly wake Darcy.

"2 for 1" Flora says picking up Dylan. I laugh and go to pick up Darcy, I rock her gently, but she doesn't stop, I realise it's only her whose crying, I look over to see how Flora stopped Dylan. 

"Well that's not anything I can help with" I mumble to Darcy, me talking to her makes her pause, blinking her big eyes which are watering, she makes a little moan. 

"Is she hungry?" Asks Flora. 

"I think so" I say talking to Darcy a bit more which seems to keep her quiet. 

They're finally both content but we don't get a minutes peace before Louis,Liam,Zayn,Niall,Lauren,Abbie,Juliette and Faith arrive the girls instantly omit constant coeing noises. 

"Oh My God!" Sighs Juliette, taking Dylan and rocking him gently as Zayn stands over her shoulder. 

"Can I keep her!?" Asks Faith, Niall looks alarmed. 

"No, but you can be top on the babysitting list" I laugh. There's mutters of protest from the rest of the girls. 

Finally Dylan gets passed back to me where me and Louis are talking. 

"Wanna know what his middle name is?" I ask as he blinks up at Louis, and me ,then Louis, then begins to cry, I rock him gently in an attempt to quieten him down. 

"No!? what!? omg is it Simon!?" He asks. 

"Nope, it's Lewis" I laugh, He laughs too, it's kind of a running 'Directionator' joke. Lewis pronounced with the S.

"No way , hi-five on that one bro" He says, I laugh as I have to reject him due to holding the baby. 

"Fine" He mutters. Turning to Lauren whom is still holding Darcy. 

By the time Flora's discharged it's Dark and we all just want a good nights sleep, I doubt we're going to get it though,it doesn't feel like Christmas whatsoever, it doesn't need too, the air's chilly as we get in the car, Flora pulls her cardigan further around her as she straps a sleeping Darcy into her car seat while I strap a very awake Dylan into his, he pats my head gently as I fiddle with the buckle running his tiny hand over my curls. 

"Might have some of them of your own one day little guy" I laugh as I kiss him on the top of his fluffy hair and get in the front. 

As we pull up outside our house, they're both silent, Flora turns around as if to check they're okay, she turns back sighing. 

"It's so peaceful" She murmurs. 

"Nice isn't it" I say taking her hand and leaning over kissing her. 

She pulls away after not long at all. 

"Look Haz, it's snowing" She says quietly. I look at the snow falling in fat,soft, flakes, I turn back to Flora, wishing I could pause the moment, stay like this, with our little family forever Flora & Darcy & Dylan & Me.

***********************************

Awh so! that's it, the end, but I already have a storyline for the sequel and I'll be starting that soonish, but meanwhile share with your friend's and followers! Read again if you like! but dw Flora and Harry will be back soon ;) xxx