It's complicated - Chapter 24

Harry p.o.v

I answer the door, and find a dishevelled Flora, she looks at me and I pull her through the doorway and into my arms, squeezing her tightly, I can feel her body move and know she's crying again. I let her sob for a few minutes before I pull away studying her face. 

"I'm sorry about this" She says. 

"Don't be silly" I say hugging her again, resting my head on hers. 

"I just, don't know what happened, I can't even remember" She says. 

"It's okay, just come and calm down for a bit?" I say pulling her into the living room. I laugh at her because she seems to have contracted hiccups due to all the crying. 

"Don't you have to work at all today?" She asks. 

"Nope, lucky girl, you got me all to yourself today" I say stroking her head. 

"I hope he doesn't take it out on you" She says. 

"No, it'll be fine, I'm just as much to blame as you" I say, adjusting my position to fit my arms around her. 

"No you're not, I still can't beleive what I said to him though, he actually stopped shouting at me, it was that bad" She says. 

"Nah it's fine, he knows you didn't mean it" I say. 

"But that's the thing, it was sort of true, although it sounds harsh, when I was a kid, he was always,always working, I never saw him, he used to go out before I got up, and come home past 11, it's better now he works with you" She says looking up at me, I never really asked what things were like when she was a kid, but I see a glimpse of the child she was just in her eyes. 

"You really think I'd be a better dad than he was?" I ask, feeling a bit emotional all of a sudden. 

"Yes of course, well I hope so, I mean it's not hard" She says turning around and looking at me, I hold her gaze for a bit, and then take her hand gently. 

"Of course I will be, like I said, you'll never have to do any of this alone" I say placing my fingers between hers. 

"Don't make me cry again" She laughs, putting one leg either side of my knee's and sitting there facing me, then she kisses me wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"I love you" She whispers inbetween another kiss.  

"I love you too" I reply, and not because it's just standard to say so, I really do. 

Just then I hear a cough behind us, we both pull away, I look at Lauren and Louis. 

"Morning!" Says Louis brightly.

"Hey" We both say awkwardly. Flora regains her place next to me, as they sit down and Louis flicks the TV on. 

"I told my dad this morning"  Flora says to Lauren. 

"Really, god how'd he take it?" She asks, taking the cup of tea that Lou hands her.

"Well technically she didn't tell him, he found out" I interject. 

"Oooh, he wasn't happy then?" She said. 

"You could say that" murmers Flora. 

"It resulted in her leaving home, so no, he wasn't that happy at all" I say sheepishly. 

"But you were gonna have to move out before the babies come anyway weren't you?" says Louis. 

"Yeah, but I thought I may have a little longer to get my head together" Says Flora. 

"Do they even know you're having twins?" Asks Lauren. 

"No, I didn't even get round to that part, Joey knows though" She says.

"how?" Laughs Lauren. I haven't met Joey yet, but Flora always speaks highly of him. 

"He came to say goodbye to me.." She says biting her lip. 

"Aw how sweet" Says Lauren, doing that little face that girls do when they think somethings really cute, it's a bit like the cross between the crying face, and the moody face. 

"I know" Says Flora, looking down into her cup, she looks up after a few seconds and I notice tears are rolling down her cheeks. I pull her to me, kissing the top of her head. 

"God, you're not make from very tough stuff are you?" I laugh. 

"I am!" She insists. 

"Flora you cried at the puppies on the Andrex advert" Says Lauren. 

"But they're so cute with their little toilet roll and awh!" She protests. 

"Did you know they only have puppies on the advert because that's what they put in the toilet roll, it's the reason it's so soft" Says Louis, being a wind up as usual, Flora looks so shocked I can't help but laugh a bit. 

"God your so gullible!" He says. 

"That's not funny at all" She frowns throwing a cushion across the room at him. 

"To be fair, you also cried at how all the old people had their pensions cut and couldn't afford to heat their houses, and their ovens to cook their shepeards pie" Says Louis mockingly.

"What!? it's a serious problem!" She says. 

"And how you made me donate £1000 to the argentinian wild dogs, when you saw the advert in that magazine" I laugh. 

"That was worth it though! imagine their little doggy faces when someone brings them food" She says looking at me. 

"Yeah, they're little faces Harry!" Says Louis. Flora gives him daggers and changes the channel to where funnily enough it's showing the Andrex advert. 

"Are you coming to Sixth Form tommorow?" Lauren asks. 

"Yeah, I guess I should, even if it's just to get more work" She says, Lauren nods saying she'll pick Flora up at 8, then pulling Louis out of the door to go food shopping.