Ethereal 38: Sayonara (Unedited)

Chapter 38

My heart was pounding at a speed I didn't know existed. I had the scroll in my hand and knew what to do but still somewhere deep inside, I was nervous.

In just a few days, we had gone through such an adventure. What started with an anime show addiction was now going to end as a reality. The fact that me and my 'supposedly' brother were actually from a fictional world was something that turned my life upside down. I had gone back to my real world with my real brother and then again got caught in a such a situation that could tear the two world's apart. Not to mention the heart breaks and love problems everyone faced.

But now, everything was going to end. I was going to bid this world goodbye. I was going to return to where I belong. I resolved as we made our way back to my car.

All through the way in the forest, no one said a thing. Silence. We had nothing to say. Everyone had a beautiful memory associated with this world...even Sakura, I supposed.

But waiting in front of my car, was a surprise. Tisha.

Her face had a scowl plastered upon it and her eyes were filled with anger and sorrow. I didn't know what was going on. Sue; I mean, Sanako was standing there just as still as a statue with the same painful expression. I didn't know what was going on.

As soon as she saw me, she came forward and gripped my arm so fiercely that it hurt. I wanted to get free but one look in her eyes and I knew I shouldn't.

"Wha-?" I couldn't complete my sentence. Shun and Sakura just kept standing besides me, not knowing what to do.

"You are Naeko, right?! You are the same Naeko which everyone told me about!" She shouted with tears forming at the corner of her eyes. "Tisha, you don't remember Naeko? She was your best friend, you were always together!" she immitated soneone.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to respond or reather, how to respond. All I could do was open my mouth and shut it again. No words came out.

Shun patted me on my shoulder and nodded at me. What was that suppose to mean? Should I tell her the truth? Or should I keep acting? I didn't know.

Shun left with Sakura and Sanako in his car. "Come back as soon as possible. We can't delay anything much longer." he said before going and after that I was alone with Tisha, again.

"Tisha, I'm..." I was cut off again.

"You, this place was yours right? It was you I would sometimes see in my dreams!" she sobbed loudly, "even though I told you, why did you not tell me? Do I not have the right to know about your disappearance?" she cried.

"Oh Tish...I'm so sorry! The circumastances were just..." I didn't have the strength to complete or to make up a lie. I broke down. Here, I was comforting her even though I knew I would be leaving again, once and for all.

"I'm sorry!" I cried and pulled her into a hug. "I am sorry Tish, I won't leave you again!" And I said it. What was I saying? It wasn't right.

I just hoped that she would forgive once again, like she always used to.

We sat in my car and journeyed back to her house in silence. When I glanced at her, she looked happy, there was a glint on her face that I couldn't help but notice. Tisha didn't know she wouldn't be seeing her ever again. This thought made my heart burn. I quickly looked away and concentrated on my driving.

I haulted near her front door as she slowly thrust herself outside. "Hey..." she finally said, "can I ...like, can I visit your place again?"

Thats it. It was too much. It was as if everything was repeating itself. I didn't want that.