Ethereal 25: Don't Kill Me (Unedited)

Chapter 25

Gaara!

I was so happy to see him and I guess Sasuke was too. The little irritated but thankful look on his face gave out his feelings.

"Never thought that you will give up that easily." he said to Sasuke.

I was holding on to Sasuke, still and when I realised, I quickly let go, slightly pushing him. I looked the other way, just in case he notices me blushing and gets the wrong idea.

"Heh...whats up?" Sasuke teased me, then grabbed me by my waist and swiftly jumped down.

Oh damn. I called him a pervert. What on earth was I thinking? He is anything but that! Ughhh... "Gomain gomain!" I said freeing myself from his grasp.

"Tch."

"Oh my God! You are still bleeding!" I said taking off my backpack, " I will tend to you as much as I can..." I said. But before starting, I looked at Tobi and saw his eyes focussed on me even though still in a fight with Gaara.

Then I noticed Gaara, he didn't even had a scratch yet. Thankgod.

Back to work. To wrap bandages around his body, he must remove his shirt, I thought.

"Remove your shirt." I said, looking the other way. He didnt reply. "I said remove your shirt," I paused as I sensed him nearing me, "look, if you dont remo--" he was leaning on me! " What the hell!!" I said jumping up, literally embarassed of myself.

Oh god. He is getting the wrong idea.

But wait, "Sasuke, are you alright?" he wasn't leaning on me, I realised. He was not stirring even a little bit. He had collapsed.

"Oh god, he bled too much! I havr to do something or else..", I gulped, "or else he will --"

My thoughts. They were interupted by a silence. Yes, silence.

The noise which was coming when Gaara was fighting. Nothing. Just silence. My eyes widened and tears strolled down.

"It can't be.." I shuddered, " IT CANT BE!" I shouted and ran towards Gaara. He was knocked off on the ground. Bleeding. As if dead. Not moving.

"No! Sasuke. Gaara." I kneeled down beside him, "Dont leave me alone!" I cried out loud.

"Well well...there is nothing you can do.Then how about your chance now?" This voice made a chill run down my spine.

I decided what to say. Though, it was like inviting him to kill me, but I wanted him to know that there are people who know about his secrets and even if I die, he won't live long.

I steadied my voice and spoke with confidence, " Very well. Now you will kill me? I thought that a true shinobi doesn't attack the ones who are weaker than them." I paused, " I think, you never were a true shinobi. All of the words you said were just an act."

Silence.

"Your silence proves that I am right, no?" I was sweating. Nervous and I didn't know that what I was about to do was backfiring on him.

"What do you know about me, silly girl?" he spoke finally." The ones you think are your friends, turn their backs to you pretty soon. They do not love you or care for you. They will stab your back, whenever they feel their life is in danger.."

"Oh.." I said, standing up, " just like you think Kakashi sensei did to you or .." I turned and faced him directly, suddenly building up confidence, " or like what you are doing right now, Obito- san?"

Through the one hole in his mask, I could see his eyes broaden. We kept staring at each other for a while. Somehow, I wanted to fight now. I wanted to fight and die, otherwise coming here and training would be such a waste!

I readied myself on his little movement but he just removed his mask.

"Yes, you are right but, I was Obito. Now I am just Tobi."

"Heh.." I smirked. " Your plan to create an infinite tsukiyomi..will.just go down the drain. You are just being deceived by that Madara and, do you even know why Rin died? Well..sorry even I don't know that but if ," I stressed on the word, "if only you would have met Kakashi sensei and told him everything, you might not be in a place where you have no friends to begin with."

"What the hell do you know ? By creating the Infinite Tsukiyomi, I will create a world where everyone lives peacefully! Where everyone of my friends are alive and happy!"

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I wondered why he can't understand anything. All the memories of his and kakashi sensei's cgildhiid were swirling in my mind. "You-you, just don't understand! That Madara is planning something for his own pleasure, not for the peace of the world. There can't be any real peace if there's no real human being in it!"

"Tch. Silly girl."

"Aah..!" he gripped my hair and pulled it.

"Your friends won't come to your rescue in this world." he pulled it harder, "wanna see it?"

I don't know what he dis after that but both Sasuke's and Gaara's body stirred. They were alive afterall.

"Gaara kun! Sasuke kun!" I smiled but that smile soon faded off.

The expression on both their faces were grim. They came closer and closer to me and Obito let go me.

"If it was the world I seek, maybe you could have been saved?" and with that he vanished into the thin air.

Sasuke gripped both my hands and pinned me down with him. Gaara was closing in.

"Sasuke!" I was crying and struggling to break free. "Sasuke please leave me! Sasuke!"

His hands were gripping me tightly and my blood seemed to stop there. I didn't want to end it this way. But I couldn't do anything, so I closed my eyes as I saw Gaara's hand coming to grip me as well.

"No please no. Don't kill me. I don't want to die like this." I stopped struggling and gave up.