Ethereal 35: Scrolls (Unedited)

Chapter 35

My eyes hurt as I made my way to the Granny's cabin. I was in a half asleep-half awake condition where I had no idea what would happen if I passed out. I didn't sleep the previous night. I mean, I did but just for an hour when Shun knocked on the door and suggested that I sleep and then he took over the part of reading the mangas. I woke up because I was restless. I had found out where to find one of the scrolls. It was somewhere near a shrine and there was only one shrine in Konoha locality, which fit the desctiption the mangaka drew.

"Near the shrine there is a cave right?" I yawned in between, while addressing to Tsunade sama, "The cave belong to the edo period which was secretly used by the priests to safegaurd their stuffs and themselves at the time of wars."

Granny offered me a glass of water probably after I almost slept in between saying those lines.

"Yes, the cave. Its now hidden behind a big boulder which is marked with some writings, only after dispelling it, we can find the scr..." Ah damn, I can't keep up. Wait for another few hours Granny... I mumbled and gave in to sleep.

Reading manga had never been that tiring but it could be if you had to read and see yourself being manipulated by the mangaka. It creeped me to read about my own thoughts and what the others were thinking, specially Shun.

The culprit behind me not able to sleep properly is Shun. While reading the manga I came across the feelings of Shun. I was shocked and then I knew why Gaara wasn't convinced yesterday. I couldn't read anymore as I stayed motionless staring blankly at the wall.

Finally I had the strength to read further because I realized how everyone was dependant on me. I was the only source for Konoha to return to its original land.

Reading a bit further made me understand gow painful it might had been for Shun but he accepted me as his sister. Thats the Shun I know.

I opened my eyes when I felt some kind of commotion nearby. I was laid on a couch at the corner of the room and everyone else was assembled there, murmuring to each other.

There was also a three man squad of intel team, dressed wholely in black, almost the same like the ANBU just without any mask.

"Hokage sama," one of them said, looking up at her, as they were kneeling down, "we couldn't decipher what it said. Without Ibiki san, we don't think we can do much."

"Tch." Tsunade bit her thumbs, "We cannot wait fir Ibiki to arrive! He is on a mission, try and destroy the boulder!" she commanded.

"Ah... no, it wouldn't be any good." I said as I straightened up. "The boulder is protected and can't be rwmoved manually, the only way is to dispell it."

"Ah you woke up, Naeko." she said with a gentle smile which instantly turned to a frown, "Then we better call Ibiki back. Send out the info to him. Quick!" She dismissed them.

"Theres no need!" I butted in, just in time. "I already know how to dispell it."

Tsunade looked at me uncertainly at first and then nodded.

"Hinata! Naruto! Ino and Teten!" I called out and told them where to go. I placed the manga open on the table infront of Tsunade and showed them what to do and how. The dispell code was written clearly and I tore that page out to give it to them.

When they were ready to go I felt a little bit guilty for not waiting for Ibiki san, since it was him who told the everyone about the code but then, we didn't have time and the story was already offtrack.

I looked around and saw Shun thinking deeply about something. I went closer to him and asked about what was bothering him, forgetting about whatever I read.

"I read the mangas you left and found out where the other part of the scroll is." He said.

"What! Thats great!" I exclaimed, "Then why do you look so down?"

"The problem is, I don't know of any place like this that even exists in our town." he remarked shoving the manga onto my face.

I frowned and took it into my hands and adjusted it to my reading level. Just one glance, just one glance made me want to shout out to the world. "I know this place!" I exclaimed, causing everyone to go quiet.

"You know this place?" Shun questioned.

"Ofcourse, what else does it say?" I ignored how everyone had gathered around me and peering down at the manga from my back.

"Well," he said turning the pages and pointing at specifuc images, "It says that there is a pond or something and at the bottom of its deepest pit; tge scroll has been layed down, because the first time the portal was opened there..." he moved his finger down to a drawing of me, underwater trying to insert my hands in a small but deep, dark hole and not able to reach it.

"I see..." Even though it showed only me, I decided to take Sakura along. "I have a plan!" I grinned.

I hurriedly explained everything to Granny and took permission for me and Sakura to leave. She told us to be on move as soon as possible, since the barrier was getting weaker very quickly.

I nodded and we were all dismissed.

Along with Sakura, I left the place and headed towards Sanako. My old house.

"Why are we going here?" Sakura questioned me.

"To take my car!" I smirked.

XxXxXxXx

I rode my car at full speed taking all the precautions necessary. It was quite a bumpy ride. It felt as if ages had passed with me not driving. I am taking my car to Konoha as a souvenir. I thought.

Sanako was outjoyed to see me and hugged me so tightly that I had to remind her that I still need oxygen to survive. She chuckled at my words and told me to wait until she gets the keys. I had been drivibg before I came of age so I didn't have any license and had to drive carefully so as to not get caught.

But not today. I had no time to waste.

I pulled the breaks of my car and haulted in front of trees and only trees. It was a small mountain forest, quiet far away from the residencial area.

I became nostalgic. I remembered that the last time I came there was with Tisha.

My Secret Place.

_____________________________________

A/N

Gyaaaah! Just 3 more chapters to go! (Hopefully) Anyways, Vote , comment and support.

Ask questions from Naeko! or any other character, just ask! :I