Ethereal 30: Reunion (Unedited)

Chapter 30

Sakura's Point of View

If only someone could tell me why guys have to be so cocky...

I sighed and continued to move back to where Tsunade sama was. I had given Shun as much chakra as I could to make him good enough to at least move.

I took a glance behind me, at Shun and Ino walking behind me in complete silence. My eyes narrowed as I remembered how I freaked out when Ino contacted me and told me about him. I wonder if him coming back to Konoha was the trigger to activate his Sharingan on his own, without him noticing.

I had to make sure this didn't happen anytime soon, again. I knew what Sharingan could do. With its great power, it also makes the user deprive of his eyesight.

I clenched my fists at the thought. The image if Sasuke popped in my head and I stopped midtrack.

"Watch where you stop!" Shun bumped into me from the back.

"Watch where you step," Ino said to him and overtook both of us, her hair swaying behind her.

"Tsk."

My hair.

"Hey do you know, Sasuke likes long hair." Ino's voice echoed in my head. A distant memory.

If only I wasn't that weak.

My hands reached my head and I stroked my hair. Taking them in the palm of my hand, I made my way down to the end and looked at it. Such a short distance.

"Hey, you coming or not?" Shun's voice snapped me out of the train of thoughts, "That blondie is already gone."

I nodded. "Her name is Ino." I whispered as I brushed past him.

I retook my position in the small assembly of ninjas, in front of Tsunade Sama, with Shun beside me. We were in the front row with the other teams standing behind us.

The big green chair in front of us was turned and Tsunade- Sama's worried face came into view.

"Sakura," she started off with a high and authoritative tone and then gave it a slack, "we are all glad that you are alright. Shinobi's rule has long since changed and our priority was to save you, but," she suddenly pushed herself off the chair and came round about the table, "There has been a major problem now. As you can see, we were trying to find out a way to get to you and so I sent a team to survey the area around where you vanished."

"Umn... did Naruto report that area?"

"Yes. So we sent a search team there which included Kiba's and Neji's team along with Shikamaru."

"But how come this barrier and all?!"

"Yes, I am coming to that," she cleared her throat to continue, "On examining the place, Kiba followed your scent and reached a spot which was totally crumbled. On further inspecting it with Byakugans, a strange power could be seen. With the help of Shino's bugs, he tried to check what the power was like but as soon as he tried to absorb it..."

"No way!" I couldn't believe it. That thing had this much power.

"Yeah," Kiba sneered, "The whole of the town and quite a large area around it was teleported here."

There was a silence that followed. Everyone seemed to be in a deep thought. I myself was trying to think of what should be done?

"So, you do have something in mind right?" Shun interrupted the silence, "to revert everything back to normal?" he asked a matter of factly.

"As a matter of fact, little boy," Ino said placing her hand on Shun's shoulder, "we don't have even a clue as to what should be done."

He brushed her off and folded his arms, and raised one of his brows at Tsunade Sama.

She turned around and went to stand near the window. With her hands at her hips, she bit her lip. "We were hoping you could help us in this matter."

"Shun san, when we arrived here, we went looking for Sakura chan and ended up finding your mother instead." Shun stifled at Tenten's word.

"What of it?"

"She told us that there's nothing that she can do. The portal she created 16 years back was because of the presence of two scrolls. Without the scrolls..."

I could feel the tension rising up in the room. Two scrolls? What if we find them? Where could they be?

"It's futile." Ino read my thoughts, "Most probably the scroll resides somewhere in the other world. It could be anywhere. There is no way to find out."

My eyes narrowed as I kept looking at my feet.

"We have sent a message to Naruto and group to retreat from their mission." Tsunade Sama cleared her throat before starting again, "Fortunately, they weren't very far when we all got teleported."

"Naruto k-kun is coming back?" I heard Hinata's small voice full of relief, as her eyes gleamed with hope.

"Is- Is Naeko with him?" Shun startled us as he almost shouted. What was it? He looks like he is about to jump out of joy and his eyes shout of desire to meet her.

"Yes. And they should be arriving soon."

"Who should be arriving soon?" A face popped up from the window with a big grin pasted on his face.

"N-Naruto kun!" Hinata squealed as he made way inside the room beside her.

"Yo Hinata!" he said and another figure made way and stood on the window pane with a book in his hands.

"You are late Kakashi." Tsunade Sama stated.

"A black cat crossed my path." I scanned the room and waited for another one to come in through the window. My eyes moved around as if they were hungry for the sight of him.

The door creaked slowly and my eyes followed. He was there, standing at the entrance, leaning at the wall. My hands automatically went up and traced my hair.

"S-a-s-u-k-e." My lips trembled as his name came out. No, I won't cry. I won't show my weakness. I have moved on. I will show them.

I stabled myself but didn't look straight at him.

Next came in Gaara, which was quite a shock to me. What was he doing here?

"Hn." Sasuke smirked as Gaara walked in and in return Gaara glared at him. What the hell was going on?

"Shun? Is that you?" Naeko's voice boomed from the back as she emerged slowly.

"Naeko!" Shun said and turned to her.

She gleamed at his sight and tears started forming at the corner of her eyes. She wiped them off and took sharp steps forward and hugged Shun.

"Oh Shun," she said, "I was so worried. I missed you so much!"

A weird feeling passed me as Shun shuffled her hair and hugged her back. Both Sasuke and Gaara had scowled look on their faces.

_____________________________________

A/N

Everyone is finally united! What's going to happen next? How and what will they do now?

Leave your comments below and Stay tuned. ^_^

~Sassy