Ethereal 34: Naeko's Theory (Unedited)

Chapter 34

"Hey guys," I said and placed a pile of mangas on the table in front of me, "I am sorry I got a little hooked up." I grinned.

They didn't even flinch. Everyone was assembled in Tsunade's cabin once again. Looking at their faces, I couod easily tell that they werrn't successful in finding the scrolls. But is that even a reason to ignore me? I huffed.

"Well then," I announced, picking up the pile again, "I guess I will go now."

Everyone were in deep thought and completely ignored me. I got irritated and stuck out my tongue at them. After that I turnex around and left, furiously.

The pile of books in my hands were blocking my front view and making it hard for me to move carefully. I stumbled from time to time and bruised myself. Ah, this is just great. I thought when I picked up the books for the fifth time. I was getting really down and cursing myself. Why the hell I couldn't have asked for a little help.

I straightened up carefully but just as I had taken a single step, the ground beneath me bacame wobbly and I found myself falling down. "Crrraaaaap!!" I shouted letting go of my anger. A few books landed on me and around me, one took the opportunity to land on my face, as I looked up.

"Great," I blew off the hair strand which now obstructed my view and sat there knowing not what to do. I sighed and closed my eyes, positioning myself. Then all of a sudden I realised sonething. Wind was hitting my face and making it hard for me to breathe, "What the-" I exclaimed as I realised that I was moving. I was pretty high up in the air on a cloud of sand which was acting as my transport. I on my hands and knees and peeked down. Ah ... there he is! I grinned as I saw Gaara silently moving along , underneath. He looked up and I waved enthusiastically, mouthed a 'thanx' and blew a kiss to tease him.

He narrowed his eyes and continued forward. "Ahh..." I let of a deep breath, "why couldn't he be riding the same sand cloud as me?" I pouted to myself.

I enjoyed the ride as I imagined myself on a magic carpet. The air wad so strong that I had to hold my breath most of the time, my hair probably was a mess by the time we reached the front of my house.

"Thanx!" I jumped down and collected the books. I stood in front of my door with a heavy weight in my hands abd realised that the key was in my pocket. Sheesh!

I looked at Gaara giving him a pleading look. He eyed me again and then the used his sand to hold the books but I moved it and hinted him to take out the keys from my pocket. He looked down at my pocket and moved his hands but those actions weren't what I wanted. With the help of his sand, he unlocked the door from inside, letting it slip from the underside of the door.

Once the door was unlocked, he again used his sand to move all the books on my table, that done, he quietly left making me look at him in disbelief.

While I saw him going down the stairs, Shun and Naruto came into veiw.

"Hey Gaara!" Naruto greeted him.

"Hi." he spoke. He actually spoke! Why not with me then? I deadpanned.

"What are you doing here?" Shun literally hissed at Gaara when he saw me standing outside eith the door wide open.

"Why should I bother telling you?"

"Ehh.. What's going on?!" Naruto scratched his head in confusion.

Uh ow, the situation doesn't look good. Shun has his protective older brother side switched on! My mind screamed. Not good.

"Uh..!" I rushed between them and gently pushed Gaara indicating him to go, "He was just leaving!" I told Shun with a smug look.

Gaara moved his neck and looked at me. "Who said I am leaving?" It was as if he was declaring a war right then and there. Great! What a time to be a hero!

I cornered him and pushed him on the support wall. "What the hell are you trying to do?" I whispered, gritting my teeth. "You don't know how protective he can be!"

"And why should he be?" Jealousy was overflowing from his eyes. Oh no no! Not this again! I sighed. Why does he have to be so jealous of everyone? But well, it kinda makes me happy. I smiled in my head. His being jealous meant that he wants me and doesn't wanna lose me. Well, he hadn't experience love in his childhood and espicially not this kind of. I chuckled at the thought.

"Gaara! He is my brother!" I tried to sound surprised, "He has all the right to act protective."

"Brother?"

"Uh yea," I sweat dropped, "well, not biologically ofcourse but we got to know that recently. We have grown up as siblings!"

He glanced at Shun and nodded but somehow he didn't look convinced.

"You done?" Shun said in an irritated tone.

"Yea ofcourse I was--" I was cut off as Gaara pecked me lightly on my cheek and left, eyeing Shun.

"Aah Gaara! You bastard, how dare you kiss my sister!" Naruto started shouting, announcing the fact to the whole world.

"Wha-" I blushed deeply. "Naruto!!' I shouted and kicked him. Although he said all that to Gaara, he didn't sound even a bit angry. He was infact grinning happily. "He is a nice guy Naeko," he told me, "just that he doesn't talk much."

"Ye-yeah." I was unable to say anything. He publicly kissed me, evwn if it was only a peck, on cheek. "Le-lets go inside." I managed to speak and ushered both Naruto and Shun inside my room.

XxXxX

"So..." Naruto looked bored, "Why are we here?" he pondered loudly making himself comfortable on my bed. Shun was sitting on the corner and I was on the chair nect to the table.

"Whats up with so many mangas?" Shun asked.

I turned the chair around to face him. I really liked the chair with wheels, it was such fun to revolve it and rotate it.

"I probably know where to find the scrolls." I declared.

"What?! You know where to find it?" both of them chorused.

"Uh; more like how to find them." I corrected myself. "If my tgeory is right,"

"So its based off on a theory?" Shun sounded disappointed.

"Fuuuu, let me complete!" I snapped at him. "So as I was saying, If my theory is correct, we can find out the location by reading these manga."

"Manga?" Naruto questioned and Shun raised one of his eyebrows.

I picked up one of the latest editions of the manga and flipped through it. "Yea, I went to this Manga Café today and asked the person behind the counter about Naruto's ranking." I paused, still flicking the pages, "According to him, the mangaka has gone mad and is writting nonsense."

"How is this related to our mission?"

"Then a kid came who knew my name but I didn't recognise him. He was happy that I was cosplaying as Naeko."

"....."

"You mean..."

"Yes!" I exclaimed showing him the page I had opened. "Whatever we have been doing is getting published out there. New characters have been added, ouy of no where which is confusing the readers because the actual story went off track." The page had a large color print of us.

Shun's jaw dropped. Naruto didn't understand a thing and I was eager to read every single page of the manga lying on my table.

"So in here," he pointed at tge mangas,

"there definitely is a chapter about us finding the scroll to go back!" I completed his sentence.

_____________________________________

A/N

Haha! Yes thats right, its all in there. Superb right? Comment about what you think of the plan! :)

Don't forget to Vote!

Spread the word about my fanfic to other Naruto lovers and help me gain more readers! :3

Ask any question aimed at Naeko and she will reply to you in the bonus chapter!

Keep reading! Cheers!

~Sassy