Ethereal 06: Revealed

Chapter 6

I could not believe my eyes. Standing in front of me— live and real— was Naruto. Uzumaki Naruto. Even if the world fell apart, even if some kind of apocalypse had hit, I wouldn't have believed if someone said that he or she met Naruto. Or Sakura. Even though I had been secretly wishing that my stupid and unreasonable wish became real, I knew that it was just fiction. Just fiction.

But lo and behold! He was standing right in front of me, so silent that I could hear his heartbeat— I had no reason to deny that my wish came true. No reason to deny that the fiction world was not just fiction. I was burning with excitement.

I am with Naruto. He is real.

I took in a deep breath.

"You are Naruto?" I managed to say in a low voice before breaking hell.

"Yes! Yes! I finally get to see you! I never thought you would actually pop in front of me." I paused, putting both my hands on his shoulders and gazing into his eyes, 'Like, literally pop in front of me."

"What do you mean by that?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed with confusion. "You make it sound like we dropped from the sky."

"That may actually be true!" I feigned a shocked look by opening my mouth and covering it with my hands. "How— like, just how did you come here? Is Konoha actually hidden in the forests?"

"Er? Yes, Konoha is a hidden village but you have got it all wrong." He tried to explain. "You see, according to Sasuke, we are not in our dimension. He— he said that we have somehow entered a world unknown to us and... and its true! You people don't look like us at all and you are weak." he shuddered.

I kept staring at him, the room reverting back to its silence. I looked around curiously before breaking the question.

"So..." I said biting my lower lip, "is Sasuke also here? I— I didn't see him."

Naruto raised his eyebrows at my question once again before questioning me back. "Do you even know him— us?"

"I know him— you." I said, mimicking him. "Just tell me if he is here or not?" I demanded.

"He is here, like, in this world but not with us." he said, still looking doubtful of my questions.

"What d'ya mean loser?" I asked him, slowly losing my patience over his short and incomplete answers.

"Hah? Who'd ya call a loser you alien?!" Naruto barked.

"You, of course." I said, lightly hitting him on his forehead with my fingers. "So, where is Sasuke?"

He growned and rubbed his temple before replying. "I don't know. Since when did he start telling me before wandering off on his own?"

Oh.

Sasuke was there. I did remember seeing him faintly but wasn't sure.

So he really was the one who saved us from this thickhead?

Another question popped up in my mind and before even processing it, I blurted it out.

"In which arc were you before dropping from the sky?!"

"Hah?" His confused look became even more deep with his mouth hanging open with disbelief and his eyes clearly looking for signs of some sort of head injury in me.