Ethereal 01: The Mark

Chapter 1

Naeko's Point Of View

Stop hovering over me! I know that you all like me but you also know that I am someone else's. I muttered under my breath and smiled at myself while walking down the corridors of my school, thinking about my supposedly boyfriend.

I am Naeko, just Naeko. My name sounds Japanese right? But I like it. I have no surname as I am an orphan and I have no interest in one. My mother and father died protecting me and my brother , well... that's what my caretaker always said.

So now, I have been brought up in a very, very rich family, who do not live here. I have the house all to myself and the money. Well not all, I have to share... with my brother, Shun, and with the caretaker, Sue.

Sue was a very sweet person and helped me a lot. She was like a mother to me, but she didn't treat me like her child. I was her master's daughter and all she had to do was to look after me and Shun.

Shun was my brother, the same age as me but he was way too tall. When we were little, I used tease him about me being taller than him but when his puberty hit, I bacame jelous. It didn't feel right for him to outgrow me. I didn't like the sudden change in him. Even his personality changed. He became arrogant, had an attitude problem and was quiet.

He reminds me of Sasuke! I giggled at the thought. If he were to be Sasuke then Sakura would be Tisha?

I ignored the thought and shaked my head, whatever his problem but he did help me several times. I knew he cared for me.

Furrowing my brows, I acted as if I was thinking hard, "Hmnn... I think all he needs is a girlfriend." I said that out loud and my best friend, Tisha, who was walking besides me gave me a confused look which said, What?

I shrugged and giggled. It was not like he was not handsome and all but his attitude ruined everything.

So, back to me, where was I? Yeah... I was rich and the boys, they just didn't get bored of gawking at me each day and every hour. I mean... I don't like to flaunt myself but I was popular and that was a fact.

I was different. I had always felt it. It wasn't just because of my looks but they did add to it. I had exceptionally red hair and blue eyes, which everyone said were like pale sapphires. Sometimes, I would do some abnormal stuffs like reacting to the wind. I don't know how to put it, but it felt like I played with the wind. Manipulating it sometimes.

I usually dressed up in jeans and top or maybe, just maybe, sometimes shorts but my dressing sense was not like the girls who thought of themselves as sexy. If everything was upto me, I would have worn khaki pants every other day and danced on Bollywood songs. Maybe I would have tried those sarees and all? Umn...how about a Bindi?

I pictured myself and vigorously shaked my head. No no no no. That is called going over board. I thought with horror.

Every girl was jealous of me, and that included my own best friend.

"Naeko! I told you he likes you! Now what will I do?" Tisha said pouting her glossy pink lips. Her slight green eyes sparkled as she groaned.

She was second to no one in her own way. She had flawless black hair which was every girl's dream. It reached midway on her back. Too bad she always had it up in a ponytail but it looked awesome on her anyways. I really liked her and she had always been there with me.

"Tish! You know I won't like any of them. I have a boyfriend." I emphasized on the word 'have' to give the needed impact. Her eyes twitched as she tried to calm herself.