Ethereal 33: Back (Unedited)

Chapter 33

Everything was now cleared up. I reunited with Shun, told Sasuke that he was only a friend to me and confessed my true feelings. Now all that is left is to find the scrolls and go back.

Shun, Ino, Neji and I were assigned to go to the outside world and the others were to lead a search in the grounds of Konoha and a little bit around it.

On reaching the periphery of Konoha, I let in a deep breath. Time for a short visit to my previous land.

I looked at the others and nodded. Everyone was ready to leave and were determined to come back only after finding the scroll.

We stepped out of the boundary and felt myself change. My old look was back. My hair was a bit shorter and lost its deep red color. They weren't sticking out in their regular style.

Its been so long. I smiled as I recalled.

"Lets go." Neji commanded and started walking ahead.

"Its probably better if we split up." I said mostly because I wanted to be alone. "Shun will guide you around and I will go and search the other way."

"Bu-"

"Let her go." Shun was cut in between by Ino. I smiled at her as a thanks and left them.

I wandered around aimlessly for I don't know how much time. People on the street were looking at me strangely and commenting on me. I could hear them whisper to each other but I didn't care.

I didn't know where I was going when I saw a familiar building and my heart skipped a beat. West Cross Senior High. My school.

I paced towards the building, my heart beating faster as I came closer to it. Tisha. I will meet Tish!

I entered the school grounds and as usual, there were no guards to stop me. There was a surveilance camera which probably caught me, but since I am a student here, I didn't think they would have any problem.

I swiftly made my way through the corridors and waited in front of the familiar locker. It all started here. I thought. I leaned my back on it and lowered myself. I sat there until the end of the ongoing class and then students started crowding the place.

I jumped up and straightened myself. Tisha's locker was the one besides mine; she had to come there.

And as I thought, she was soon there. I guess she didn't notice me in the crowd as she busied herself with the locker. I waited for her to close it and then I hugged her, taking her by surprise. "Tish! Long time no see!" I cheered. "I am sorry I left without a word." I let her go. "I am so happy to see you!"

"Uhm..." she looked at me with confused eyes, "Who - who are you, again?" she questioned me.

"What?!" I was shocked. "Tish, its me!"

"Am sorry but I don't think I know you." she said, giving me an awkward smile and distancing herself from me. "Now, if you would excuse me, I have to go."

And without another word she went away. With a guy.

"Who was she?" I heard the guy ask

"Don't know, some weirdo." she replied.

"But she was hot."

I didn't dare look back. I was in a state of shock. What happened here? Has everyone forgotten about me? I forced my tears to stop. I rubbed my eyes with the sleeve of my jacket and eliminated the possibility.

"Naeko?" someone beamed, "Is that really you, Naeko?!" It was Ria, one of my classmates. I looked at her and nodded, passing a smile.

"Its really her!" someone shouted, "Guys its Naeko!"