Ethereal 27: Bittersweet (Unedited)

Chapter 27

Naeko's Point of View

'Shit, I have got to hurry up and find Naruto and Kakashi sensei. He is the only one who can stop him.' I ran as fast as I could but I had no idea where to find them.

I ran here and there, but just could not decide which path to choose. I ended up going round in circles for about 7 times.

Shit man. This is no good. I can't find them like this.

I was trembling with fear as I sat there trying to be calm and to come up with some plan. There had to be someway that I could contact them.

idea!

Well, this will probably be the lamest idea anyone would use in a situation like this.

*Shadow Clone + Henge no jutsu*

"Ready Kakashi Sensei?" I asked nervously.

"You have got to be kidding me!" the clone shouted.

"Tch. There is no way anyone would find out that you are a clone unless and untill you have to show your abilities."

*Silence*

"What do you mean?" Kakashi asked full of doubt.

"Look here, all you have to do is talk. You have to persuade Tobi that you are Kakashi, but without any fight."

"But how am I suppose to do that?! What do you think you can achieve by this! Do you know what you are saying is completely senseless?"

"No! Its not senseless. As I said, theres no way to find out about the identity of a clone." I said, " Think about it, all you have to do is to act like Kakashi sensei and talk about his past. Thereis no way he wouldn't believe in it because no one knows about it! But we do, and thats where we stand a place higher than him!"

"........"

"Look, either this or that." I tried to explain, "We have to take the risk. Its a do or die situation."

Seeing how serious I was, he agreed to the plan but added, 'Its not myself I am worried about. Its you. I am just a clone, it doesnt matter whether I live or die. Its your life that will be in danger and I don't want that.'

I knew whatever he said was true but we had to take the risk, Sasuke and Gaara, both are waiting for me.

"Lets go."

I made my way back to them closely running behind the clone. I was clearly very tired and scared.

As the place came into view, the clone looked at me and gave a slight nod. I did the same and then he went forward with double speed.

I slowed down and went towards where I had left Sasuke. He was still sitting there.

I ran and sat next to him. " Are you okay?" I asked, worried.

"Yes. Did you find Kakashi?" he asked.

I didn't reply. Silence followed.

He looked into my guilty eyes and then turned away. He probably knew the my answer now.

"How is Gaara kun?" I asked just to change the topic.

"Out in the battle field." he said flatly.

My eyes widened. I knew he was fighting but hearing this for the first time I was afraid.

I was afraid, he would die.

I was afraid, he would leave us

I was afraid, I would never be able to apologise.