Chapter 40- the river

Molly's POV

When I open my eyes, I don't remember what I'm doing here, only that I am being hauled out of a river. The only thing I can make out in my mind is Harry's face as we... Fell? That makes no sense.

I cough for air and clutch my neck as I try to force the air into my lungs. However hard I try I cannot breathe properly.

"You'll be okay, your lucky to have survived! If it wasn't for that giant teddy then you would've drowned for sure!" A lady's voice says and I open my eyes. I'm lying on the floor, coughing up water that got into my lungs. It's still night time and I can hear crickets clicking and water rushing by me. Were all stood on the bank of a river.

"How... Did you f-find me?" I ask the lady, shivering from the cold. She wraps a warm blanket around me and smiles. I look over to the massive, brown teddy that saved my life. It's ripped and soaked within an inch of it's life but it's okay, not entirely damaged. Suddenly I remember.

"Harry! H-Harry!" The lady starts and tries to sit me down again as I stand up abruptly, throwing the blanket off. "Where is he?"

"Erm- who is Harry?" The lady looks confused and she follows my finger as I point into the river.

"It wasn't just me who fell into the river- it was Harry too! Is he still in there?!" I gasp, my mouth wide open and heart throbbing uncontrollably. I close my eyes, praying for this all to be a dream. This can't be happening it just can't be?! Yet I open my eyes and the river is flowing faster and faster, and I know he is gone now.

"Okay, we'll get the search team up and looking for him" she tells me, rushing off to tell the man in red. I think he's a firefighter. Meanwhile, I hurry over to the men, leaving my blanket on the floor. This time i really don't care. I ask them if they've found anyone yet and the shake their heads. He's gone, that's it! And he died with alcohol in his blood. What a horrible way to die. I can't imagine how he felt when his heart stopped b-beating.

Within seconds I'm in tears. They're streaming down my already soaked face, and dripping into a sorrowful puddle on the floor, flooding the ground. Soon I'll be dead as well. That only makes me cry harder. What if they never find him? My mind keeps replaying when we both fell off.

*flashback*

I finally hear voices and see a man on what I think is a very rickety old bridge over the river. One man has another pinned to a wall and there is another man too, closer to me. I crouch behind a nearby bush and keep the teddy out of sight, making sure nothing can be seen. I keep as silent as possible. I listen to the voices.

"I don't care...what...people...say when were together" wait- is that... Harry's voice. No, It can't be. It won't be. I hope it's not. Please no. He sounds so desperate and... Choking? Suddenly he stops at he other guy's words.

"Huh Harry never knew you were gay too!" So it is Harry! I almost scream but I hold it in, knowing that that isn't going to help Harry, what is going to help him is creeping past. I tiptoe past the lookout guy and

Sneakily edge onto the bridge. It creaks under my weight and I look up, checking if anyone heard but the guy is too absorbed in Harry. I see his eyes full of pain and I have an urge to get the guy.

Suddenly the guy drops Harry and the bridge creaks. He turns around and his cold, blue eyes meet mine, locking in a heart wrenching stare. Dan, I knew it! He smirks at me, probably thinking that I could never push him off the edge. What he doesn't know, however, is that i have a plan.

Throwing the teddy down to avert his attention, I walk towards him and trip him up so he falls over and when he tries to get up, I shove him again. Now he is hanging by only his little fingers on the edge of the bridge and I can hear him give out a yelp. Now I'm the one smirking. Without caring at all, I stamp on his fingers and he let's go, plunging into the icy waters below. I can't help but feel relieved as Harry stares at me from the floor. I wonder if he saw that?

"Harry..I'm so sorry" I rush over and almost knock him over with my tight hug. "I got here just In time! He could of killed you, Harry! It's all my fault. I am truly sorry and I love you more than Finn I don't know why I went out with him. When we kissed we didn't have the same fire as I do with you. I love you Harry Edward styles and Nobody can come between us!" I say, tears streaming down my face. I can see the thankfulness in his gorgeous green eyes and I promise myself it's something that I'll never forget.

"Oh Molly" he pulls me closer, grasping onto me for all he's worth and giving me the most wonderful hug I've ever had. I throw my hands around his waist, grappling onto his back and spilling happy tears into his bloodied shirt. I can tell he is crying as well because when I look up into those gorgeous wells of green, they are red and puffy and I can feel a slight dampness on my left shoulder. Without warning, I'm hugging him again.

Suddenly, my feet aren't on the ground. I'm starting to wonder if I really am going to heaven with all this hugging. However, it's only a few seconds later that I realise I'm not in heaven. I'm falling off a bridge. And there's a current.

*EOF*

They finally manage to haul a body from the fast flowing river and I run over to where it is, my heart skipping a beat, hoping it's Harry. However, my heart drops when I realise that it's dan. A very dead dan. I can't help but feel extremely guilty for killing him, although he definitely deserved what he got. His face is bloated and swollen and his body is lifeless. It looks liked he hasn't been breathing for at least an hour.

"Who is this man?" The woman turns to me, a serious look on her face.

"I don't know" I lie to her face and she frowns, furrowing her eyebrows together.

"Are you sure?" She asks me again and I can feel the heat running to my face. It'll be obvious. I bet it is, otherwise, why else would she have asked?

"No, never met the guy" I look down. Avoiding eye contact just in case she can see the dilating of my eyes that apparently happens when your lying.

"Oh, okay, I was just asking" she says defensively and I refuse to look at dan's ruined face. Instead I walk over to the bank and sit on a little rock underneath a willow tree that glistens in the moonlight like a dancing dove.

Suddenly I catch a glimpse of something skin coloured and I frown. What could this be? I don't touch it, obviously, because I don't know what it is, but I can make it out as a hand. I gasp and grab the hand. I don't care how muddy the water is.

I call over one if the firemen who help to pull the body out if the water and soon I am staring at those eyes again; but they're closed.