Chpter 32- running away

Finn's POV

The lift doors close and I hear Molly sigh in relief. However, I am still alert because the men might've followed us and could probably get up those stairs faster than we can get up in the lift. Plus, they could press the button and the lift could come down. There would be no way of escape then.

"Don't sit down" I tell Molly, trying to drag her up by her arm. "You know they could probably get up the stairs faster than this lift can go?"

"What?" She exclaims, standing back up again. "Wait, but I thought-"

"Nope, this lift is old and broken. I've used it before" Molly's face fills with worry.

"Wait, what do you mean broken?" She asks me and I see where this is going. She thinks the lift is going to explode.

"Not in that way, I just mean it's slow" I tell her, just as the doors slide open. I walk outside the lift and drag Molly along with me. There doesn't seem to be any sign of the men. I look outside the window, seeing the street down below. There is only one corridor here and the lift is at the end of it. The stairs are right in the middle. I check my map to see where we are but end up passing it to Molly, as I am hopeless at maps.

"We are in..." She spends a few minutes looking at the map before smiling. "I block" I block? I've only ever been up here once, and that was when I had to take the exam to get Into this school. I think this is like where the sixth formers go and I've only ever dreamed of going up here.

"Where are those dirty little rascals?" I hear the gruff voice again and Molly's eyes are filled with horror, much like my own, which I can sense.

"Run!" Molly tries to drag me by my arm and I follow her movements and sprint down the corridor, right past the stairs and to the bend. I just see one of the men's faces as I go around. When I get to the next corridor, I become aware that this isn't the biggest block. The corridor just ends here. We reach the end and I frantically search the map for another place to go, but there is none. Hastily, I run into the nearest room, which seems to be the sixth form kitchen. There doesn't seem to be many hiding places in here, much to our disappointment, and we brace ourselves for the men's entrance.

"Finn! Look! The garbage chute!" She calls to me, her face has lighten up in the darkness and her eyes are glowing a mysterious sort of orange colour. I go over to her, seeing she's right. It smells a bit, but I guess we have no other option really, unless we want to be literally murdered by the head teacher and possibly expelled, which is okay for me because I don't have a mum or dad, but it'll be an absolute nightmare for Molly. I'll have to blame everything on me.

"Go down" I tell her and she obeys, trying to fit into the tight space. It really is the tiniest garbage chute ever though, I don't think even I will be able to squeeze through. She finally makes it and I hear a scream and I crash. She must have made it to the bottom.

"Are you okay?" I ask down and she calls up a big yes. I start to place my feet into the hole.

"And what do you think you're doing there, mister?" The gruff voice can be heard behind me and I freeze in my spot. The men have found me. The last thing I can do is show my face. I can hear footsteps coming towards me as I scrabble at the hole, trying to force my body down. There seems to be something stopping me. I look up. The man has gotten hold of the collar on my shirt and is yanking at it, otherwise I would've gone down that hole seconds ago and would be okay and safe from the men, who would never in a million years fit down that hole.

"Aha! Luke! We gottem!" He sniggers and anger runs through my veins. Without another thought, I punch the man square in the face and he drops me, clutching his nose. I run back over to the chute and dive head first into it.