Chapter 31- the disco

Molly's POV

I'm at home, waiting for Finn to pick me up in Harry's car. I felt really guilty today when Harry told me to say that I loved him. I do, but that spark seems to have faded, and I felt that all I could do was get away because I can't go out with two people, it's not right. I knew he would have kissed me if I'd stayed any longer. I couldn't do that... Not again.

"Molly?" My mum calls from the kitchen. "Have you got your shoes on?" She asks, peeking her head around the door. I nod and walk over to where my mum's heels are in the corner. I am wearing a white dress and I've curled my hair and, to be honest, I think I actually look quite nice, even if I do say so myself. I take one last look in the mirror before going into my room and grabbing my iPad. Propping it up, I take a number of selfies, posting the best one on Facebook. Instantly I see someone has liked it. That someone is Harry. He must be on his phone in the car, as Holmes chapel is quite far away from here.

Suddenly I hear a knock at the door and I hurry to open it. Finn is standing in the rain, probably forced to go and knock by Harry, who I see is sitting angel-like at the steering wheel of the car. I can't help but feel sorry for him. For once I wish I could go to a disco with Harry.

"Are you coming or not?" Finn asks me in a slightly annoyed tone and I snap out of my trance.

"Oh, yeah!" I laugh, looking over to the kitchen. "Mum! They're here!" I shout and mum comes running out of the door.

"Have a nice time" she tells me, hugging and kissing me on the cheek. "Don't get into any mischief" she winks at me and I scowl at her. How could she think that about her own daughter. Of course I'm not going to get up to anything... Then again I am with Finn and something always happens with him...

...

The car journey is awkward, with only a few words exchanged. Harry is in the front, while me and Finn sit at the back. During the journey, Finn makes an attempt to hold my hand but I move it away, not wanting the contact, not in front of Harry, or at all really. For some reason I really don't feel like I used to. I feel like I shouldn't be going, not betraying Harry. I need to make it up to him somehow, but for some reason I don't think I can. Not after this and Finn thinks that we're going out.

"Are you going to the disco with anyone, Finn?" Harry asks him. Of course he'd ask Finn wouldn't he, not me because he thinks I'm his girl. My stomach flips in guilt.

"Yeah... Actually I was going with-" I grab his arm all of a sudden with a pleading face on. He frowns but does what is asked of him. "Molly- Molly erm..."

"Crombie" I whisper into his ear and he nods.

"Combie, yes!" He states and Harry laughs, turning around to face us.

"Molly crombie! Yes, I know her, she's in your friend, michaela's form, isn't she?" How does he know I'm friends with Micy? Did she talk with him?

"How do you know Micy?" I ask Harry and he looks at me, a puzzled look on his perfect face.

"Oh, she talks to me in class. I have her for some subjects" he tells me and a reluctant jealousy wells up in my soul. "She's a good friend" he laughs, looking out of the side window. Finn's expression is blank, as he seems to be staring out of the window. I tap him on the shoulder as we approach the school.

"Finn, were here!" I say softly and his green eyes light up in the dark, his face looking so gorgeous in the white shafts of moonlight coming in through the window.

"Bye, now" Harry says, giving me a small wink. I smile and look away, trying to make sure Finn doesn't see. Harry pulls away and I am left with my date, my boyfriend's brother.