Chapter 42- saving harry

Harry's POV

Saturday 28th January

I feel absolutely hammered when i wake up this morning, or what I think is the morning anyway. It's light. I have a raging headache and I can definitely sense some pain in my arm.

For a moment I keep my eyes shut, but groan quietly, causing a stir above me, saying some words and shaking me but I'm not properly awake yet. Instead I try to recollect what happened at what must have been a party last night. However, I don't even remember before the party started or who drove me. Did I drive myself? Was I even at a party?

I flicker my eyes open and am blinded instantly with a bright light, brighter than my lamp at home. As it all comes into focus, I lay eyes on the unfamiliar face in front, as she leans over, fiddling with some wires to the left of me.

The constant annoying beeping can be heard coming from right by my head and I wish I would bash it to make it stop. I have no clue where I am... And I start to worry.

"Are you alright, Harry?" The lady asks me, her voice a little fuzzed. Is that... water in my ear?

"Mmmhmm" I reply with the only thing I can be bothered to say and she mutters on about some people being outside.

"So Harry, outside we have some people who have been here for you. There is Freddie, Finn, your mum-"

"My mum? I don't have a mum" I say, confused. She must have got it muddled with something else.

"Well, her names Sonia anyway" the nurse states and I nod my head. That means that Molly will be here too.

"Do you know what happened?" she asks, staring at me from where she's standing.

"Um..." I try to think what might've happened but my brain has completely wiped that night. It must've been Luke's party, it must have. Wait-what if my car's still there?

The woman waits for me to answer, before realising I haven't got a clue and so she carries on talking.

"Right, so would you like to see any of your visitors?" the nurse asks. How I got here is still a mystery to me and I am honestly trying to figure it out in my head. However much I want to, I can't be lead down the track of wanting Molly to come in first. Freddie and Finn should come in beforehand, because they're family.

What ever I just thought goes right out of my head as Molly bounces into the room, her eyes shining as she sees me, giving me the tightest of hugs which hurts my stomach. I grin at her while trying to prise her off of me.

"Harry!" she squeals, my favourite smile plastered onto my favourite face. I have been asleep for a while, I think.

"Hey there- molly" I shift around, forcing the words out of my parched throat. It feels like I haven't drank anything for years.

"Are you okay?" she asks me, her face suddenly showing a glimpse of concern as she strokes my knotted, unruly hair in attempt to calm me down. I smile at her, big hands moving up to hold hers.

"I wasn't- but I am now. Hell, I don't even know what happened!" I admit, my fingers gripping onto her small palms as she stands next to me and I remember the way her hand fits so perfectly in mine.

"Oh..."

"It doesn't matter about that anyway... how long?"

"Three days" she tells me and I nod automatically, digesting the information. Not too long then. I reach over to grab my phone which is on the side. Molly notices my struggling and hands me it, as I tap the password in and check Facebook. Nothing much really, apart from a few party photos I'm tagged in and a few 'get better soon' messages from people that I didn't even know cared the slightest about me. I gesture to Molly to sit down next to me as the phone is placed back onto the side again.

"Molly... I-" we are interrupted by Sonia bursting into the room with all her bags and molly disembarks from my bed at once.

"Harry! I hope you're alright, would you like some coffee?" Sonia bustles in, placing her many bags down on the ground and handing me a coffee in a Starbucks cup. "there's a mini Starbucks downstairs in the lobby" She tells me as I thank her. "I was going to give it to Freddie but as soon as your awake I guess Freddie can get his own" she chuckles warmly, giving me a pat on the arm.

"Thanks, Sonia" I grin at her, nodding my head in approval as I drink, soothing my dry lips and mouth which has lacked water for days.

"Molly hasn't stopped going on about you" she puts her hands on Molly's shoulders and I bite my lip. Good to know she's been concerned about me. Those familiar tingles I get whenever I see her return and I look down and smile while the heat rises to my cheeks in an earnest flurry.

"Mum..." Molly blushes, and I know that Sonia must have been telling the truth.  Our eyes meet for a second and we both give a knowing smile. Sonia is consulting a nurse.

"So when can we get out of here?" She asks the nurse, who's neat black hair is pulled back into a tight ponytail.. I gulp, secretly holding molly's hand under the blanket and looking up at her with a smirk unable to dissolve on my face.

"Today if you want" the nurse replies after making a phone call. "We'll have to get all the papers but... I don't see why not!" The nurse lets on a smile before walking away to talk with another of the doctors and the mother and daughter smile at me warmly. I thank god that I'm still alive, even if I can't remember what happened.

...

Another few hours and the familiar pink walls of molly's room are all I can see. And a certain blonde haired, hazel eyed girl is kneeling down beside me. She looks at me with a warm gaze and soon I am plummeting quickly into a deep sleep, so deep in fact that I don't even dream.