Chapter 23- harry or finn?

The end of another day and Finn comes home to mine again, plonking right down on the sofa. He looks up at me and sighs, his green eyes turning away from me and to the floor.

"what's up, Finn?" I ask him and he turns away. I put my hand onto his shoulder. "Finn..." he interrupts me by putting his hand onto mine.

"Harry told me that the potion doesn't work... Everyone keeps saying that. But it can't not work!" he gets agitated and a worried look comes across his face. His hand is still holding on tightly to mine. He seems so distressed by this whole thing. "and the pain of it all, is that, even if it isn't the potion and it is real, you'll never love me back... You love Harry" he tells me. I do love Harry, but I'm starting to fall for Finn, very slightly. Is it normal for someone to love two people at the same time? It can't be. Soon I will find out who I really love, because right now, I have no clue whatsoever.

"I do love Harry..." I say, and Finn's eyes drop to the floor, his head sinks down. "but-" he lifts his head up again, his eyes meeting mine and were locked in a gaze again. He nods for me to go on. "but... I might like you a little bit" I admit and Finn's face turns into a smile. He looks down to the floor and then up at me, the frown replaced by a cheeky looking half smile which makes me happy. He raises his eyebrows and leans in to kiss me, just at the same moment as Harry enters the room.

"am I interrupting something?" he asks sharply, as me and Finn instantly break from the embrace. Harry looks suspicious and I see Finn move uneasily. He is still holding onto my hand, which must have been squeezed so tightly now it hurts. his eyes are fixed on Harry.

"not really" I say, letting go of Finn's hand which he probably hasn't realised that he's still holding. I look at the brown haired boy, who's green eyes narrow at Harry. I shake my head subtly at him, raising my eyebrows, trying to make him not say anything. Finn opens his mouth to speak, but quickly closes it again, doing as I wish.

"okay..." harry drifts off. I know he knows what's going on. I can see by the flash of pain in his eyes when he looks at me, which quickly turns to anger. I shouldn't kiss finn, not after what Harry said and what he's been through. He quickly turns away, slowly edging into the kitchen, and slamming the door behind him.

"well..." Finn leans in to kiss me again, but I quickly pull away. However much I want to kiss Finn, I know that I can't, for harry's sake. The helpless boy looks at me with hurt in his eyes and he looks down. "why won't you..." he looks at me and I close my eyes, trying not to give in to him. I open my eyes again and he's disappeared away somewhere. I look around and he's gone. Hearing the door shut, I presume he's gone outside. I won't follow him, however much I want to, because I know what'll happen- the exact opposite of what I planned to do. That always happens, every time. Instead I go to my room, where I'll be safe for a little while at least...

...

After a while I find the growing guilt in my chest to much to bear, so I decide to go and see Harry. Pushing everything else aside, I need to tell him that I like him, not finn. Finn has gone to bed, and is sleeping on the couch. It's 10pm and Harry is in my mum's bedroom, where he sleeps. I open the door, seeing Harry lying face up on the bed, his eyes scanning the ceiling. His face is red and blotchy.

"Harry?" I say quietly, my head peeking around the door. My teacher has changed into a simple top and jeans and he looks up when I come in, his eyes bloodshot and red. I frown. Has Harry been... Crying? I step gently in the room and Harry's head falls back onto the pillow. He doesn't even look at me. "hello?" I ask him and he closes his eyes for a minute before opening them again.

"did you come to torchure me about you and Finn going out? You know I know what's going on between you two, right? Also, I know about the love potion" he says, making me wonder. What does he know about the love potion that I didn't realise in the first place.