Chapter 8- more than friends

"your my first friend who's a girl"

The words surprise me more than they should.

As I walk to class, i go over the convocation on we just had. Is it right to be friends with a teacher? For some reason, I don't think it is but I'll just say we are anyway, not to anyone else, just Harry. I am still in a state of shock when I reach my form room, sitting next to pranita. I am so stupid that I miss my name in the register. Everyone laughs and makes some sort of joke about me. I ignore their jokes and walk to my next lesson. Yay! Chemistry! With mr styles.... I wonder how this will turn out...

"hello, erm hi class" harry booms, smiling when he sees me. I smile back. I've missed being at school, especially with Harry. I never actually realised that until now. I haven't been at school for two weeks now so it's quite a long time.

"Molly, hand me your book, please" Harrys voice breaks a bit as he walks towards me. His face is still red from crying and his voice a bit crackly. I giggle and hand him it, the people next to me, a syspicious look on their faces.

"she obviously fancies him" I hear someone say and I just shrug and laugh to myself. If only they knew...

"mollys book is the perfect example of how to do your work" Harry smiles and hands me the book back, our hands slightly bushing as he throws it onto the desk. Our eyes meet for a second and we stay there, locked in each others gaze. Everyone stares at us. This must look weird but, honestly, I don't care what people think of me and Harry, my new friend. I feel bad now cause I was the one who said this wouldn't work this morning. Now look at us...

For a moment I notice him leaning in and I think he's going to kiss me, that's until I realise he's just grabbing his whiteboard pen off my desk. I cringe and twirl my hair like a little girl. Why I do this I really don't know but hey, that girls for you.

The rest of class is just spent doing some work on more chemicals and stuff. This time mr styles explains It to me so I get it more. After class I go over to his desk.

"Molly, thanks" he says, taking my book and placing it on the pile.

"why?" I ask, curious as to what he could be referring to.

"just for... Well, accepting me, I guess" he shrugs and smiles his beautiful, warm smile that I've come to love.

"oh, doesn't anyone else accept you?" I question, trying to be gentler this time instead of weighing him down with questions. He looks down.

"yeah.. Well okay, no" he gives in, running his fingers through his hair.

"why?" I ask, worried and wondering why no one would accept him. This is strange... I thought people would be all over Harry, I mean he's gorgeous, how could someone not want to...

I am interrupted by Harrys speech

"well, ever since I was I little boy, I've loved science, and I've loved reading and academic stuff. I guess I never really fitted in at all really. I had one best friend- Dan, but he a bit... Unreliable. My parents died when I was 14 and we moved into an orphanage. This was until I finally made a proper friend, Emma Jordan. By this time i was about fourteen. I used to spend hours sitting in a tree in the woods backing off the orphanage. She had been playing there since she was little and was out there one day when I was up in my tree. She saw me and I came down and we talked for hours. We used to meet, every day at four o'clock, without fail. She never went on holiday without me, she always used to carry me in a suitcase or ask her parents if I could come. Her mum and dad, such kind souls, like her. They offered me a bed and a place to stay. However, I refused. I didn't want to cause any trouble. About a year down the line, I fell in love with Emma. One day, I'd finally Made up my mind that I was going to tell her. She was a little bit late, not usual for her, but I waited. I couldn't wait to tell her. I ended up waiting all night, all day, the next day after that, again and again and again. After a month of waiting, I'd finally accepted that she wasn't coming back. I went to her parents house, knocked on the door and they answered.