Chapter 25- harry's songs

It's Friday 13th of January. I love Fridays. The posters for the disco are still up and mr young has been talking to every one again about it in assembly. It's only a disco, why is he so obsessed?!

Finn seems to have moved next to Josie again. Maybe Harry talked to him... Or maybe he can just tell that I can't be with him anymore. I feel alone, staring at the two of them as they talk and laugh, a thing I wish I could do with my best friend, who is being taken by my teacher/boyfriend's brother. I sit in silence, while Heather tries to communicate with micy without me getting in the way. All I care about is my two best friends, who are too locked up in each other to care about me. There's not even a thing I can do about it.

"Molly, are you okay???" Heather finally realises that there's something wrong, and I turn around to face her. I'm not crying, but I'm pretty upset with the fact that everyone is completely ignoring me. I look down. She doesn't really need to know. And it will sound selfish, not wanting my two besties to be friends. to be honest I'm scared, scared of rejection, of how I could be pushed aside by the two people I love most in the world ( as friends ). I don't want to have two friends who I was best friends with, come together and become best friends. Then I will be best friendless and I will live a miserable life, because none of my other friends will ever quite match up to them. I stare across the bus, a wistful, slow stare, and I catch Josie's eye, as shes sitting on the inside.

"are you okay, Molly?" she asks, concern on her face. I nod and look down. Josie says something to Finn and he let's her past. Josie goes to the seat behind mine which is empty and tells me to come and sit next to her. "what's wrong, Molly?" she asks me, looking at my face with sadness in her big, brown eyes.

"nothing I'm fine" I choke, barely able to speak. It's only today that I realise how much I miss talking to Josie, as I haven't seemed to have talked to her for ages. she gives me a tissue and I blow my nose.

"Molly, what's the matter, you look like you're about to cry" she tells me and I nod. She gives me a warm hug, which makes me want to cry. I don't know why. is it just me or is it whenever you hug someone when you're sad, you almost want to burst into tears.

"it doesn't matter" I tell her, blinking back the tears that come with the hug. I don't want her thinking bad things of me because I disagree with her friendship with Finn, who is meant to fancy me.

"no, no, Molly. It does. Tell me, please. Even if it's really bad, I won't be mad. Just please tell me" she pleads and I roll my eyes.

"fine then, but you're not going to tell anyone, not even Finn" I agree and she nods her head, rapidly so her hair shakes around a bit on top of her head.

"well... There's some problems between me and Harry" I tell her. That isn't what I was going to talk to her about but I am kinda upset about it. I feel I should tell her now though, otherwise it might never stop.

"oh, okay. I can talk to him if you want" she offers but I shake my head, denying any form of help, as it's not actually that that's troubling me at this moment in time.

"but Harry isn't the only reason I'm upset..." I continue, Josie's eyes looking up at me again. I don't want to be selfish but I have to tell Josie or it'll never stop. "it's kinda about you and Finn hanging out... I feel a bit left out" I admit and Josie frowns.

"left out? You know I would always talk to you if you asked me to, mol. We could do life stories again!" Josie suggests, her eyes lighting up at the idea. The truth is that I dont want Finn and Josie going out... Basically because I sort of fancy Finn a little bit.

"Can I tell you a secret, Jo?" I ask my best friend and she nods, leaning in so I can tell her it. "Don't tell anyone" I whisper and cup my hand over her ear so nobody else can hear.