Chapter 22

Yes I'm a terrible person for leaving all y'all at such a terrible cliché cliffhanger for more than a month. The pretty gal got shot, dun dun duh. Cops are on the scene. Good guy is actually bad.

Bravo for cleché crap lol.

I've been having family and relationship issues plus finals and late homework to finish so I've been like AHHHHH for the past month. I'm sorry!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Amber's POV~

I felt warm liquid on my skin.

I'm on the floor.

My eyes feel so heavy, I can't open them.

Mark shot me.

He shot me in the upper outside of my left thigh.

My baby....

I slip into unconsciousness before I can finish the thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~Zac's POV~

I stayed with Amber in the back of the ambulance all the way to the hospital. I cried and held her hand. Repeating over and over that she was going to be okay. She had to.

I can't live without her.

Mark will be charged with attempted murder. Since Amber is 8 months pregnant, Mark will have a double attempted murder as well as sexual assult against.

I've been such a dick to her lately. Hurting and accusing her of cheating.

I place my hand on her large belly amd feel the baby kick my hand.

"It's a girl." I hear.

I smile sadly.

"Do you have a name picked out?" I whisper, starting to stroke her hair.

"Sofiya Rachael?"

"That's beautiful honey, I love it. Sofiya Rachael Highwood. Our little girl." I say, tears filling my eyes.

"You didn't mean it. I know you didn't. It's alright Zach. I'm always here for you." Amber breathed, her lips barely moving, her eyes half closed.

I felt the ambulance come to a stop and light flooded in. They took her oit and rushed her into the hospital. I nurse tore me away and held me back saying I couldn't go back there with her.

I watched them take my fiancee away and turn a corner. I collapsed into one of the plastic chairs and put my head in my hands.

I love you Amber Autumn Hart.