Chapter 2

~Zacary's POV~

This is gonna be great! I get to live with Amber for six whole months!

I smile at the thought.

I look at each of the kids before settling on a little brunette girl sleeping in the corner, her hair is the exact shade as Amber's. I go over to her corner and pick her up gently. When she opens her eyes their the bluest eyes I've ever seen. They're just like mine. This little girl could be mine and Amber's kid!

"What's her name?" I ask our principal Mrs. Carlson.

"Avalon. She's two years old." Mrs. Carlson replies.

"Are there any newborns?" I hear Amber ask Mrs. Carlson.

"Yes there is one." She replies, going into her office and returning with a baby boy in her arms.

I watch Amber take the baby from the principal and cuddle him close.

"What's his name?" Amber asks.

"Caden."

I look at Avalon in my arms.

"Hey Princess, I'm your daddy." I say softly.

Avalon smiles at me.

Mrs. Carlson clears her throat and Amber and I turn to look at her.

"After six months if you two would like to keep the children you can legally do so. The condition is you'd have to marry each other." She explains.

Marry Amber and keep Avalon and Caden?

I'd have a real family.

I smile at Amber. She hesitates but sends me a small smile in return.

"You both are excused from all your classes the rest of the week to get your house settled. The school is giving you a 7,000 dollar budget for you and your children. You have to feed, clothe and play with them, plus give them all their necessities. I'll see you in a next week on Monday. There are car seats around the corner of my office." Our principal says before retreating to her office.

"My parents have a vacation house they almost never use, we could move in there. It has two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and a basement." I say to Amber while buckling Avalon into her car seat.

"Where would I sleep, there's only two bedrooms?" Amber asks.

"We'd share a room." I say hesitantly, afraid how she would take that.

She bit her lip and said nothing, only finished getting Caden settled in his car seat before standing.

"Alright." I hear her say almost too quiet for me to hear.

I throw my arm around her shoulders gently. We both pick up a car seat and start towards the main school doors.