Chapter 20 Part 1

~Amber's POV~

"You're worthless. You're nothing. No one loves you. You're alone." A voice in my head whispered.

"Zac could have killed you, you saw the knife glitter in his pocket, Amber." My conscience hissed.

I scream and sit up, drenched in sweat and tears.

It wasn't a dream.

This is real.

No, it's not real.

Dammit!

What the hell is wrong with me?

I yelp when the door handle twists.

"Angel, what's wrong?" Mark asks gently.

He called me Angel, his nickname for me when we were kids.

I shake my head, if I speak I know I'll just burst into tears.

"Alright, don't speak." He says softly, reaching out to touch me.

I flinch away automatically.

"Angel, it's just me, you know I won't hurt you."

I watch him reach out again, this time I let him touch me. He sits beside me and wraps his arm around me. I lay my head on his shoulder and cry silently.

"Amber, you're my best friend. I love you like a sister and I'm telling you this because of that. Zac loves you, yes he's an idiot, yes he has to grow up, yes he's a douchebag and yes he doesn't deserve you, but he does love you. He doesn't have anyone but me and you."

"And Avalon and Caden and this baby." I choke out.

"Maybe not, if he loses you, he loses them too, they'll go back to that orphanage. If you leave, you take his baby too." Mark says sadly. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all, this is SUPER short I know, I'm having a huge writers block, that's why this is part one of chapter 20. Part two will be longer! I'm super sorry!

And thank you for all the covers I received!

~Shanny