Chapter 12

~Amber's POV~

I'm exhausted.

I can barely brush my hair and my teeth before Zac has to help me. He sets me on the edge of the bed and gently pulls my shirt over my head and puts a tank top on me.

I feel myself lifted up and settled under the covers with Zac still holding me. His tee-shirt smells like the cologne he always wears and the laundry detergent I use to wash his clothes.

"Goodnight Zac." I say sleepily.

"Goodnight honey. I love you very very much, more than you know." He replies.

A few seconds later, I'm fast asleep.

~~~~

I throw the covers off and run into our bathroom and vomit into the toilet.

"Amber? What's wrong?!" Zac comes into the bathroom with a very concerned look on his face. He stands behind me and holds my hair back.

I throw up again.

"Amber answer me! What's wrong with you?! Please tell me!"

I turn my head to look at him. His eyes are full of fear. Not how I wanted to start Christmas morning but you just have to go with the flow.

"Zac. . . . I'm pregnant. . . ." I say slowly.

"You're what?!"

"I'm pregnant with your kid." I say again.

All the fear disappears from his eyes and he smiles.

"Come here." He holds out his arms and I walk into them as he wraps them around me. He tips my chin up to look him in the eyes. "I love you, you know that right?"

"Yes, I know."

"Never forget that, I will help you through this, I will never leave you. Ever. I promise" Zac says, his eyes full of love for me.

"Let's go back to bed, it's only 5 in the morning. Do you feel alright now?" He asks.

"Yeah, I feel better." I rinse my mouth out and wash my hands before following Zac back to bed. I'm up for 20 minutes, I just listen to him breath. Sometimes he mumbles my name, the soft beating of his heart comforts me and keeps me calm until I fall asleep.