Chapter 13

~Zac's POV~

"Daddy." Someone hisses in my ear.

"Daddy."

"Daddy." They poke my face.

"Daddy!" They half yell in my ear and I open my eyes.

"Daddy it's Christmas." Avalon says.

"Shhhhh, don't wake mommy, she's very tired." I whisper, putting a finger to my lips.

"Shhhhhhh." Avalon copies, also putting her finger to her mouth.

"That's my girl. Do you want to make mommy something to eat? How do pancakes sound?" I ask.

She rapidly nods her head, her finger still placed against her lips.

I look at the clock on my nightstand. It reads 7:49 am.

"Go down stairs and wait for me in the kitchen honey, I'll be right there."

"Okay daddy." She says, loudly tip toeing out of the room.

I turn over to face Amber. Her beautiful brown hair surrounds her face in waves, her big, Intelligent green eyes are closed. Her full, pink lips are open just a little so she can breath. But that's not what captures my attention. As I slide the blanket down, I see her hand. Her hand over her stomach where my baby is. Where our baby is growing.

I sense eyes on me and turn back to look at her face.

I have so many emotions running through me, fear, love, concern, amazement, and so much more. All for this one woman right in front of me.

"May I--." I start but am cut off by her movement.

I don't move when she takes my hand and places it where hers was moments ago.

"You're very brave. It takes a lot of courage to do what you're doing now and what you will do. I'm proud to call you my soon to be wife. I'm so proud to call you the mother of my baby." I say, taking my hand off her stomach and holding her face.

"Thank you Zac." Amber smiles.

I lean forward and kiss her. It only lasts a few seconds before she pulls away and runs to the bathroom. I hold her hair back and rub her back as she throws up. When she's done, I fill a small Dixie cup with water and hand it to her.

"You take all the time you need to feel better, I promise Ava I'd make pancakes with her." I tell Amber, a bit hesitant to leave her.

"Pancakes sound lovely honey. Just please don't mess up the kitchen too much." Amber sticks her tongue out at me. "I don't want to clean pancakes off the ceiling."

"Ha, we'll try!" I laugh. "No promises though."

"Get outta here!" I throw my hands up in mock surrender and she throws a towel at me.

"You don't love me anymore! The pain! I am wounded!" I say, clutching my chest, laughing.

She pushes my chest and I step out of the bathroom.

"30 minutes. And will you please feed Caden for me? That would be a big help. " She says behind the door.

"Sure." I tell her before picking Caden up from his crib, leaving the room, going downstairs to help Avalon make pancakes and feed Caden.