Chapter 14

~5 months later~

~Amber's POV~

I'm starting to show. My green tank top makes it obvious that I'm pregnant. I sigh.

"You're beautiful. Never forget that." Zac says behind me, wrapping his arms around me and placing them both on my stomach.

"I look fat Zac!" I exclaim.

"No you don't, you look amazing." He kisses my cheek.

"Shouldn't you be leaving for your bachelor party? It's your last night as a free man, then you have to deal with me until you file a divorce."

"They can wait, and as for a divorce, that's never gonna happen." Zac says firmly.

"I hope not, Avalon, Caden, this baby and I need you."

"And I need all of you." Zac spins me around to face him and kneels on both knees. I laugh when he lifts up my shirt and kisses my belly. "Now you be good for mommy and daddy will be back tomorrow."

He kisses my stomach one more time before standing up and kissing my lips. When he pulls away, he's smirking.

"What are you thi--" I can't finish because he slips am arm under my legs, picks me up bridal style and spins me around.

"Zac! Ahh! Put me down!" I wrap my arms tightly around his neck.

He kisses me again while we're spinning. Gradually, he slows down but doesn't stop kissing me.

When he pulls away and sets me on me feet, he's smiling down at me.

"My beautiful Princess." Zac whispers. "I'll be the prince and you'll be the princess."

I blush, bite my lip and look down. My hair falls over my face. He lifts up his hand and tucks it behind my ear.

"You know, there's one thing I still don't know about you." He says.

"And what's that?" I ask.

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Green, like nature." I tell him smiling.

"Mine's green too, like your eyes. Bright and intelligent green."

HONK! HONK!

A car horn blares.

Zac kisses me one more time before grabbing his bag and leaving with his friends. Avalon and Caden are with my mother for the night so it's just me and my baby tonight.

I go downstairs and turn on the TV and watch the new episode of Castle. I'm about to fall asleep when I hear the front door open. I get up and walk down the front hall.

The front door is wide open.

I narrow my eyes and place both arms around my stomach to protect my baby.

Something hard hits me on the back of the head and I fall to my knees.

Blackness surrounds me and I fall unconscious.