Chapter 30

Lily’s POV

More time passed.

My eyes started to grow heavy with wanted sleep until I heard the door creak snapping my eyes wide open.

Peter walked through the door and made his way over to me slowly. I didn’t like the look in his eye. There was no more anger, only black empty coals. I made the first attempt to talk.

“Where have you been?”

He chuckled lightly to himself completely ignoring my question.

“You think you’re so innocent and better than me don’t you?”

What?

“What’s going on with you? I’ve never said I’m better. I think you act to rash and are cruel at times but that doesn’t mean I’m better.”

“You’re damn straight it doesn’t make you better. I mean I can’t be that bad cause you did fall in love with me. Right? Two monsters finding each other in the dark. Enjoying the delicious satisfaction in others pain and anguish.”

“Don’t you call me a monster! Everything I’ve done, I did cause I had no choice.”

I was thinking of the time I killed Sawyer to spare him a painful death at the hands of Pan. It was a choice I will always have to live with. A night that will haunt me til the end of my days.

“Oh there’s always a choice. You look it at me and you see everything you abhor in yourself. Sure you dress it up you with your mask of civility and eloquence. Your every bit the abomination I am. Or worse. Go on, Lily.Tell me I’m right.”

Why was he acting like this?

“You still cling to the hope that I can be redeemed. And if the monster can be saved. Well maybe there’s hope for you.”

He stepped closer and bent his head to the side, quietly observing me. Silence had never felt so loud.

“Do you believe in redemption?” His voice was detached, killer-cold, precise.

I nod as I answer. “I do.”

Out of nowhere Peter delivers a crunching blow to my nose, knocking me off my feet. My screams drown out his satanic laughs. Never has he hit me this hard, let alone punch me in the face.

“There lies no redemption for you. You will die and become nothing. Not even a speck of thought, or whisper of second chance.”

My eyes gushed with tears. They cascaded down my cheek, filling the shell of my ear with salty liquid. Pan’s tall stature loomed over my frightened form.