Chapter 23

Lily's POV

I'm blindfolded with my hands bound in front of me. A rope is attached to my bound hands forcing me along in the direction I'm pulled. Every so often I'll run into a tree or trip and fall. The others will laugh and just wait for me to get up to continue walking.

My feet are restless and I feel like I've been walking for hours. My throat is dry begging for even a single drop of water.

"I need water."

I hear footsteps come near me and a cup is brought to my lips and tipped back. I begin drinking greedily from the cup. The water is takin away too quickly making me lick my lips to absorb every drop.

"Say thank you."

I recognize the voice as Peter's. I mentally roll my eyes, not that he would know since I'm blindfolded.

"Thank you."

I just spit the words out fast managing to bypass any sarcastic remarks. I want to play it safe since I'm unaware of what is in store for me. He chuckles lightly in response.

"Is this the next stage, Lily? You've moved from violent defiance to semi-submission?"

I suddenly feel soft lips meet mine. I don't struggle against it but I don't kiss back either. He pulls away after a few seconds. I can feel his breath close to my face.

"Want me to believe you're cooperating? Hmm?"

I continue to stay silent against my better judgment. I wanted to tell him to go fuck himself but I instead decided to remain silent. I can hear footsteps walk away and disappear into uncomfortable stillness.

"Hello? Peter are you there?"

The ropes bounding my hands come undone. I reach up to remove my blindfold but two hands stop me in the process.

"I want you to walk straight ahead and countdown in your head twenty seconds. When you reach one you may take the blindfold off. Have fun."

I'm then shoved forward lightly and begin walking. 20..19..18..17..16..15... I'm suddenly met with a bitter coldness reaching every inch of my skin.

What the hell?

I'm counting down to about 10 when I decided to rip off the blindfold. I stop dead in my tracks and have to literally rub my eyes at what I'm seeing.

Snow is covering every inch of the forest ground. Light snow begins falling from the sky kissing the top of my nose and arms. I look down at myself and yell out a tiny yelp in shock. I have no clothes on or shoes except for a bra and panties. I spin around to see if any of the boys are around but not a soul is in sight.

Weren't my clothes on just a second ago? Why the hell is it snowing!? WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON!

"What's happening?" I speak out to no one in particular.

I start rubbing my hands up and down my arm to try and warm myself. I look to my left and right trying to search for a familiar landmark but cannot recognize anything.

I'm about to scream out Peter's name but am robbed of speech and breath when I turn around and am met eye to eye with a face I didn't think I'd see again.

Wendy

"W-What are y-you do-doing backk here?" I mumble about between cold breaths.

She tilts her head to the right observing me but not answering. I spot movement behind her and look up to see Sawyer walk out from behind a tree and stand next to Wendy.