Chapter 26

***Next Day***

Felix POV

I follow Pan and Tiger Lily to the waterfall. The tall trees and bushes camouflage me. I can see them swimming and laughing together. That little bitch is nothing but trouble. Two of my good friends are dead cause of her and now she is trying to steal away my best mate, Pan. Not to mention she gave me a huge scar on my face plus countless other misdemeanors. I don't see how Pan is so taken with her. What makes her so special out of all the others? I personally thought Wendy was more beautiful.

"Unbelievable," I mumble under my breath after seeing them two splash each other with water like 5 year olds.

"Maybe we can help each other."

I turn around startled to see Pan's shadow hovering above. This black demon was basically Pan's advocate. He is 100 percent loyal to Pan, which makes me question why he would want to help me.

"The girl needs to be rid of. Together we can make it happen."

Pan's shadow never goes against Pan's wishes. Getting rid of Lily would clearly be against his orders. What's the catch? Why would shadow help me get rid of her? Perhaps it's a trap to test my loyalty to Pan.

"Why would you help me? Side with me?"

Shadow hovered closer to speak directly in my face.

"Sometimes what's more important is not who you're siding with, but who you're siding against."

I grin in response. Pan can never find out about this. As his best mate I'm only looking out for him. Tiger Lily is a distraction. He will thank me one day.

"What's the plan?"

Lily's POV

Pan and I decided to spend the day at our waterfall. I pushed him into the water starting a war of splashes and dunkings between the two of us. I taught him the game of Marco Polo. I was so shocked when he didn't know what it was but then again he has had a very different up bringing than me. His childhood and life has morphed him into the person he is today. I fully intend to find out what it is that makes him who he is.

"Tell me about your childhood? What kind of games did you use to play? What were your parents like?"

His playful smile vanishes at my seemingly harmless question and his handsome features become serious.

"I never played games as a child. Perhaps it's why I'm so fond of games now. And I don't talk about my parents. Some things are better left in the dark."

"First off, the games you like to play are not the ones I'm referring to. I mean playing tag, hide n seek, things like that."

He chuckles at me and says, "We have played those games though. We played tag when you ran from me and hide in seek when you would hide."

I roll my eyes and give up asking about his games because that conversation could last all day. I'm more interested in the subject of his parents.

"Tell me about your mum or even your dad. What were they like?"

His eyes glared in response to the subject of his parents.

"Didn't I just finish telling you that I don't talk about my parents? Shut up and drop it, or I'll shut your mouth for you," he spits out at me.