Chapter 19

Lily’s POV

“We’re here.” I breathe in a big sigh of relief. I hid the lamp next to the water bank. It’s a big island so I wanted to hide it near a mark I would remember. Me and Peter's favorite waterfall.

I get on my hands and knees digging my fingernails into the earth. My fingers touch a hard surface revealing the golden surface of the magic lamp.

I look over to see Wendy and Bae standing in the shallow part of the water, cleaning themselves off. They see the lamp in my hands and walk out of the water.

We gather around in a circle. Wendy squeezes Bae’s hand in excitement. I rub the side of the lamp. Golden smoke flowed through the opening into its cloud form.

“Hello Master. State your second wish,” the deep voice announced.

“Its Lily remember? Not master. Anyway…we… the three of us want off Neverland. That’s my second wish.”

“Your wish cannot be granted,” the voice replied back.

“W-What?” 

“I can only take one person off the Island. Not a group.”

No. How can this be? I turn and look over at Bae and Wendy. The situation is getting more and more hopeless. Wendy has started crying but Bae steps forward looking at the pillar of smoke.

“What about a magic bean?” he questions softly.

“What’s that?” I ask, not taking my eyes off Bay.

“A magic bean can open up a portal. It will take us to another land. I’m not sure where but anywhere is better than here.”

I turn my attention back to the pillar of smoke. “Okay, I wish for a magic bean.”

“Your wish is my command.” The smoke dissolves and in my hand appears a clear bean.

“It worked! Now what?” The excitement and hope returning.

“Throw it on the ground and a portal will open up. The portal will stay open for exactly 3 minutes,” Bay explains to us.

“Okay, here I go.” I throw the bean a few feet in front of me. The ground begins to shake and a greenish white swirl opens the ground into an endless pit. Each of us are standing in a circle around it.

Freedom was in our grasps.

I could taste it.

“On the count of 3 guys. 1….2….”

“Bae…” Wendy’s voice whispers. I look up to see Felix towering behind Wendy, with a knife at her throat.