Chapter 20

1 minute left before the portal closes.

Lily’s POV

“Surprise”

Felix’s grip on Wendy tightened making her burst into tears.

“You bastard! Let her go! You heartless piece of shit!” I yell out.

He chuckles at my outburst. Finding my anger amusing. He runs his face along Wendy’s cheek making her cry even harder. I want to rip him apart.

“Did you hear what she called me Wendy? Heartless.” He whispers in her ear.

“That’s what you are.” Her voice is shaky with tears.

“Am I? Well tell me this Wendy… Tell me what’s heartless….A boy who was only trying to show you love, to show you how he felt or…… A girl,” he points the knife at me, “killing an innocent boy.”

“What?” Wendy looks at me confused.

Felix kisses her cheek, causing Bae to snap.

“Get away from her!” He screams out to Felix.

Bae runs around the portal towards Wendy. He starts to run past me and without even thinking I push him as hard as I can sideways into the portal.

“BAE!” Wendy cries out to him.

“WENDY! NO!” I can here Bae’s voice echo and quietly disappear.

I know what I have to do. At lightening speed I appear at Felix’s side and grab his hand with the knife and bend it backwards making him cry out. He drops Wendy to the ground and the knife.

I grasp the knife tightly and start to pick up Wendy when pain erupts in my scalp from my hair being yanked with such force making me scream out. I turn to see Felix glaring at me. I raise the knife, slashing the side of his face.

Felix falls backwards grabbing his injured face. Wendy takes my hand in hers.

“JUMP!”

Wendy jumps in the air with me and at the same time a hard force grabs my other arm making me fall to my stomach. Half my body is hanging over the portal while the other half is still on the ground. I felt like both my arms were going to rip right out of their sockets. I look to my left to find Wendy hanging inside the portal. The only thing keeping her from falling is her firm grip on my hand.

The tugging on my right side is yanking tighter making me scream out in pain. I look over to see Pan holding on to me for dear life.

“Wendy! Let go of her now!” Pan shouts over the raging winds of the portal.