Chapter 10

Pan's POV

She had me running in circles after her. I even lost her track a couple of times but felt her presence return to the campsite.

“Couldn’t catch up, could you?” she replied with a grin.

I wasn’t going to let her know that. “I thought I’d let you explore a little. You shouldn’t wander off though. Neverland can be quite dangerous and I’d hate for you to get lost.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” She gives me a mischievous smile.

She was quoting Tolkien. I wanted to be alone with her and just… talk. Unveil the mysteries I had yet to solve. That time could come later. The boys are standing around giving me a perplexed look.

“Meet Tiger Lily! She is one of us now!” The looks on their faces show confusion. I never keep the girls I bring here so they don’t look to sure about it but I’ll explain it to them later.

“Time for lesson number one!” I say to Tiger Lily.

“Boys! Go bring me the prisoner.”

Three of them walked into the forest and quickly returned dragging a boy named Jasper into the lot. This boy thought he could outwit me and escape. He stole some fairy dust in an attempt to get home. I put the fake vile of dust in a spot where any boy would find it. I wanted to test their loyalty to me. No one leaves Neverland, which I make very clear to the new boys I bring to the island. I have no tolerance for betrayal. His death will teach the new recruits not to be foolish enough to even think thoughts of lying to me.

“Please! Don’t kill me! I just wanted to go home!!” His begging was getting on my nerves.

“Enough! You’ve made your choice and have sealed your fate.” He began to cry profusely. What a bloody waste of existence.

“Tiger Lily, this little mut betrayed me. He is no longer welcomed in Neverland. I want you to kill him.” I look at her and a wait to see her protests but her face is not giving any emotion away. I can’t tell what she is feeling. Interesting.

I walk up to her and hand her my knife. “Do it. Taking a life will amplify your powers. You can do this.”

She takes the knife from my hand and walks over to the crying boy on the ground. She tells two of my lost boys to bring him to his knees. They comply and she places the knife to his neck and she looks in his eyes.

No one moves, including me. Just waiting to see what she does.

She nicks him on the side of his neck and removes the knife from his throat. She looks at me and says, “Death is final. His suffering should be eternal. Let him live and die a slow death… each… and…every…day.”

I can’t help but grin at her words. “Boys… you heard her. Take him back to his cage.”

Bae’s POV

I watch as the prisoner is dragged back into the forest to his cage. What has Pan done to her? There is something different about her. She no longer looks scared. Her face mirrors Pan’s evil demeanor.

Pan walks away leaving Tiger Lily standing alone. I can’t help myself, I have to know what she is doing.

“Lily?” She turns towards me and smiles.

“Hello Bae.”

“So when did you become besties with Pan?” I say sarcastically.

She doesn’t answer so I continue.

“Pan has tortured and killed countless innocent people. He has no soul, no remorse. He is a monster. Don’t let his charm fool you. He cares for no one but himself. Please...I… I don’t want you to become that.”

She crooks her head to the side giving me an empty look then asks, “You read books Bae?”

“What?”

“Books, do you read them?”

“I guess I use to back home. Why?”

She steps closer to me and says, “I once read that the fastest way to succeed is to look as if you’re playing by someone else’s rules, while quietly playing by your own.”

Backing away she gives me a wink, and then walks away.