Chapter 9

Lily's POV

Pan collapsed to the ground as his shadow closed in on me. The pain was excruciating but only lasted a couple of seconds. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that Pan was no longer lying on the ground.

"Peter?"

A voice behind me said, "Yes, love?"

I twirled around to face Pan. "Peter! You're okay! Look I just wanted to say..." Wait something wasn't right. He looked so pleased with himself and started chuckling.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh I'm perfectly alright. Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm alright I think. Wait you're free from your shadow right?"

"About that... I may have told a few tall tales. Forgive me but it was the only way to make you more agreeable to my terms. My shadow can't become apart of you. It's my shadow after all. What it did was unleash yours and in time I will teach you exactly how to control it."

"What does that mean? What's going to happen to me?"

"You will finally be free. You no longer have to hold back. You're accepted here. Embrace your new self. Everything you secretly wish will come true! Your darkest desires will unleash. Do you feel it?"

I have always felt my whole life like I was trapped in a cage inside myself and the walls were closing in, squeezing, suffocating me. But now... I started to feel a sensation low in my belly and spread through my blood. It was as if invisible chains broke free from my wrists. I finally felt free, strong and alive. This knowledge of my own power elicited new emotions, heady and strange in the sheer force of their intensity.

Every cell in my body stretched out, begging me to follow him down the rabbit hole. Every cell but the few gray ones of my brain. Those all screamed, "Stop!"

He stepped so close that our bodies were almost touching. "Give in to me."

No thought, only desire. "Fuck it."

I closed the small gap between us and kissed him hard. He hauled me up; one hand fisted in my hair and his other arm around my waist. Without letting go, he picked me up and I instinctively wrapped my legs around him. He returned my kiss with equal heat and I bit down on his lip pulling, which made him moan into my mouth. His touch sent sparks all over me. His presence was like that, smothering and electric. Irresistible. We were a total mess of power, submission, domination, and control.

"I told you I would have you in the end." His words brought me back to my bedroom before I was taken. The echoing whisper I thought was not real.

I didn't want to think, I just wanted to act and explore these new emotions.

"Shut up and kiss me."

He smiled, the first real smile I'd seen. "As you wish, my Tiger Lily."

Pan's POV

"As you wish, my Tiger Lily." I took her mouth with mine and she opened her mouth sliding her tongue inside.

I've kissed many girls in my time. Not one has ever made me feel the way she was beginning to.

She really was a sight. I wanted her on my bed and underneath me now. I carried her over to my bed and put her on her feet. She spun me around and with such force, pushed me back on the bed but it was with such intensity it made me fly across and hit the wall behind my bed.

She was already using her powers. I didn't think it would happen so quickly. Our lessons would begin first thing in the morning. The desire in her eyes disappeared and she looked afraid.

"Peter, did I hurt you?"

I smiled at her. She had a lot to learn.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. It's gonna take a whole lot more than that to hurt me."

I got to my feet and appeared in front of her.

"So fierce. I think I like this side of you."

Her look of concern vanished and she gave me a wicked grin.

"Good."

She leaned up brushing her lips with mine. "You want me?"

"Y-yes." Did she just make me stutter?

"Then come and get me."

At those words she vanished. Right before my bloody eyes. She should not have been able to do that. It took me several years to perfect my magic. It was impressive and satisfied me greatly. She left the door open. An invitation. She wanted to play.

She can run. But no one hides from me on this island.

"Let's play!" and at that I raced after her.