Chapter 17

***WARNING***  The following contains violent content

Pan’s POV

Long ago…

My father had once told me that evil men do what good men only dream of. 

This had always stuck in my mind.

Believing that everybody harbored violent, sadistic and brutal desires; it was just that I was brave enough to indulge in them. No one was born innocent.

My transformation sprung forth to life after my first kill.

The killing of my own father.

 ************************

I’m lying in bed with Tiger Lily in my arms. She is sound asleep. So Beautiful.

But…

All I could think of is Sawyer’s hands and mouth all over Tiger Lily. My Lily. Mine. His hands roaming and grabbing all over her body. The thought flooded me with insurmountable rage. Drawing a deep breath I tried to steady my heart rate.

Boomboomboomboomboom

I shut my eyes and grabbed at my hair and covered my ears, trying to drown out the sound of my heart beating violently against my chest and the vile thoughts of earlier.

I was tense, hateful, and bitter. Everything triggered an overwhelming desire to hurt and destroy. The need burned beneath my skin where it festered like an unfed hunger.

Conflict swirled through me; two completely separate halves still battling for control.

I gently unwound my arms from Lily and rested her head on my pillow.

Rage.Hate.Fury.Death.Blood

Darkness clouded my vision and sadistic instincts took over.

I surrendered myself to the monster within. I walk over to a mirror I hung in my room. In the reflection is a black figure staring back at me with yellow eyes. My shadow.

Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. You know you want too. You know you need too.

Grinning I say aloud, “I plan to.”

Lily’s POV

Bae’s lips were moving, making words, but everything seemed to go mute. The fallen branches beneath our feet were the only sound I could hear as we moved through the forest.