Chapter 29

Lily’s POV

After I watched Felix carry Sam away Peter dragged me to his tent and told me to wait there.

No explanation.

No words of comfort.

Nothing.

He was still very much angry with me. I tried leaving but he put a protection spell locking me in.

My heart pounded painfully against my chest, my palms growing sweaty, my ears straining to listen for any noises, and my eyes never straying from the doorknob.

For now all I can do is wait.

Pan’s POV

“Shadow! Where are you!?”

I’ve been walking now aimlessly searching for Shadow. I never have to ask twice he always comes. What the bloody hell is going on!?

“Shadow!”

“Pan?”

I whip around at the feminine voice and see Sam standing in the clearing.

“What are you doing here? Where’s Felix?”

“I got lost. Last time I saw Felix he was somewhere over in that direction.” She lazily waved her hands in the direction of east.

“You should head back to camp. It’s a couple kilometers south. Just keeping walking the path over here and walk til you run into camp or one of the boys.”

She twisted a strand of hair in between her fingers and bit her lip giving me an innocent doe eyed look.

“Can’t I stay with you?”

“No. Now leave.”

“Fine, whatever. I have a couple words I’d like to say to Tiger Lily anyway before you kill her.”

Before I what?

“Who said I was going to kill her?”

“You have to. She attacked one of your followers without probable cause, which results in death. That’s the rule. Felix told me how things worked around here.”

Did he now…

“I don’t have to do anything. It’s my rules and you are technically not a follower of me yet. You just got here and I don’t usually except lost girls.”