Chapter 12

Lily's POV

I woke up in a cage. The last thing I remembered was Pan telling me that my punishment would come later and that I was going to wait in a cage til he got back. I tried to fight him but something hard hit the back of my head and I fell unconscious.

I get up and notice its now dark out. I stretch my muscles and quickly turn when I hear muffled sounds. I see Bay tied up in a chair with his mouth gagged.

"Bae!"

"Glad to see you're finally awake." Pan came from behind a tree and stands by Bae. I can see something glimmer from the moonlight in Peter's hand. His knife.

"NO!! Please don't hurt him!" I pleaded feeling tears well up in my eyes.

Pan has his eyes trained on me and smirks. He brings the blade to Bae's face.

"Peter no!! I'm begging you! I'll do whatever you ask!"

His eyes held no emotion except amusement. I looked at Bae and felt so scared for him. I hit the cage, trying to break it but it wouldn't budge. My heart was beating rapidly.

Pan suddenly appeared in front of my cage with his knife in hand. I backed away terrified and hit the wall of my cage behind me.

"Don't be afraid of me... I won't hurt you. But just because I won't hurt you, doesn't mean I won't hurt others you care for. This is your punishment. I hope this display will teach you to never lie to me again."

He backs away from me towards Bae. He moves so fast and slices the side of his face with the knife.

"NO!!! PETER STOP!" I shut my eyes trying to mentally make myself disappear. I open them when I hear Bae cry out. Pan stabbed him in the leg.

"You WILL watch him suffer because this is your fault. Tell me why you lied to me. I want to know why you let Sean kiss you and what you are up too."

I can't. If I tell him the truth he will know my secret plans for him and he will probably kill me and Bae anyway. He kills the ones who betray him.

"I...I..." Pan appeared again before me so are faces were only inches apart. I tried compelling compassion, sorrow, and regret; anything I could to make him stop. He gives me an amused grin.

"I'm always one step ahead, so whatever it is you're trying... go for it. Give it your best shot. You won't succeed."

My power doesn't work on him. I couldn't lie because he would know and I couldn't tell him the truth.

"Stop this now before it's too late. If you care about me then you will stop." My eyes pleaded with him. His face softened and considered my words.

His eyes turned dark and he leaned into my face and whispered in his deep husky accent, "Sorry darling, my answer is no."

He appears behind Bae giving me a wicked grin and slits his throat.

"NOOOOOOO!" I dropped to my knees and cried out. Tears fell endlessly. Oh God, oh god, oh god. I felt as if my stomach was going to empty at an second.

"Now you know what happens when you lie to me. When you run from me and act like you aren't mine."

I put my hands over my ears to block out his words. I rocked myself back and forth, my breathing out of control. I threw my head back and screamed out into the night.

Pan's POV

I was planning my punishment for Lily when I hear a scream pierce the night sky. Tiger Lily. I stop what I'm doing and appear where I put her cage. Her eyes are closed but she is screaming and won't stop. I open the door of her cage and carry her out. I have her in my arms and start shaking her.