Chapter 5

Lily's POV

I was dragged back to camp, Pan's grip biting into my arm, pulling me along behind him. I couldn't let him take me back to camp and deliver whatever punishment he intended to inflict without a fight.

A desperate rage bloomed within my body and I knew I had to keep fighting regardless of my fear of him. Fight to escape. My heart hammered frantically against my chest, but I breathed slowly, trying to calm my reaction of my body to the futility of the situation. I had nothing to lose if I fought. Fighting was just as futile as giving up because you end up dead regardless.

I lowered my mouth to his wrist, which had a firm grasp on me and bit down. Hard. He yelled out loudly as I bit down harder and kicked my foot at his leg. He fell to the ground but took me with him, not relenting on his grip of me.

He rolled on top of me within seconds, his hands coming down heavily on my arms, his legs pinning my abdomen and hips. Sweat slid down his jawline as he scowled down at me.

I struggled against him, desperate to free myself from his impossible hold in which he trapped me. His body pressed into mine, the pain floating in exquisite waves throughout my body.

"I've had enough." Seething with anger, his words were broken and strained from his heavy breathing.

He picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder, carrying me the rest of the way. I could hear hollers and cheers of the others boys making my skin crawl.

When Pan set me down on my feet two others boys were ready, pushing me against the trunk of a tree and tying me with rope. They stepped back and Pan admired there work, nodding that it was good enough.

He stepped up closer to me, his eyes never leaving mine.

"What do you think your punishment should be? Hmm?"

I remained silent, trying not to show him what I was feeling. After a couple of seconds with no words between us me gave me a sickening grin and walk towards the other boys. He was letting them inflict the punishment while he observed.

Each boy got a turn inflicting some type of pain on me. The first one spat at me. The rest mostly threw punches or slapped me. After about three rounds I was having trouble breathing.

I didn't know how much more I could take, but I would not beg them to stop. That's what he wanted me to do. Beg. My eyes find his and a single brow arched seductively over his darkened eye. The way the flicker of the fire cast shadows over his face was alluring. He looked beautiful, and it pissed me off that he could look so beautiful when he was so ugly.

A hit to my jaw snapped my gaze away from his. I look at the lost boy who delivered it and noticed it was the same boy who tackled me to the ground asking me to take off my shirt. He smiled at me giving me a wink. My blood boiled. I was going to wipe that smirk right off his face.

"Is that all you got? You all hit like girls." My words wiped off his stupid grin and I could feel Pan's anger radiating off him. The fire's flame was growing and spiting sparks higher in the air. This made me smile. I was getting under his skin.

Before I even new what was happening Pan appeared right in front of me and rammed his knife in my stomach. I yelled out at the sudden invasion. The pain was excruciating. His smug smile returned and he watched me in agony for one tortuous minute. His hand started to glow and he placed it over my wound. All of a sudden the pain was gone and I realized he had healed me. My relief was short lived when he stuck the knife in my side once more, twisting it this time.

My scream echoed in the night. I looked over at the boys standing by. Some were smiling while others had looks of horror on their faces.

"I like your fire love, but that nasty mouth of yours is only going to get you into trouble." I couldn't even focus on what he was saying. The pain was too much. I had to focus my energy on something else so I imagined tying Pan up to a tree and returning every slap and blade in his gut. The thought made me smile. Pan steps back no doubt surprised by my expression. Even the boys are taken aback.

He finally heals my wound and releases me from the ropes.

He picks up my limp tired body and carries me to his tent. The last thing I see before going in the tent was Bae's tear stricken face. I knew those tears were for me and for what was to come next.