Chapter 21

Lily’s POV

Peter eyes the lamp carefully then snaps his attention back to me. Understanding washed over his features. He knows I used that to take his powers.

Pan suddenly pulls me roughly to a standing position. He leaves me where I am and strides over to where Felix is. They converse quietly to each other not letting me hear what they are saying.

After a couple minutes of this I start to get annoyed and walk away from them. I’m tired, dirty, and in desperate need of a bath.

“Did I say you could leave?” Pan asks me.

I roll my eyes and turn around. “I’m going to wash off and get some sleep,” I announce.

“Ask me.”

“Ask you what?”

“Ask my permission to wash yourself and get some sleep.” He grins at my baffled expression. Felix chuckles next to him, enjoying this way too much.

I laugh out loud. Literally. Like hell I’m going to ask permission.

“You are out of your mind if you think I’m asking your permission for shit.” I snap back at him.

Speaking to him in this manner always gets me into trouble usuallly with his fist or knife, so you can imagine my surprise when they both grin at me making my blood run cold. I was expecting a hit or a slap but received none.

“Oh yes, this will be fun,” Felix says to Pan.

“Indeed it will,” Pan replies back. They both erupt in laughter to some inside joke that I’m not aware of.

Pan looks back at me and says, “Go on and wash up. Get some sleep too, you’re gonna need it.” His words make shivers run up my spine.

I turn to walk away dreading what lies ahead.

“Just one more thing love.”

I stop in my tracks but don’t bother to turn around.

“You sleep in my bed.” I can hear the warning in his tone. Daring me to disobey him.

I give him a nod in understanding and clench my fist tightly together to stop myself from flipping him the bird.

**********************

“Rise and shine sweetheart.”

I moan out an annoyed sigh and lift the covers over my head. Wait… My eyes shoot open at the voice. It didn’t belong to Peter. I whip the blanket off me to see who was there.

A silhouette is leaning against the door. It’s night out making me realize I slept all day. The dark figure steps forward revealing Felix. I back up until I’m against the headboard, hitting it with a thud. He chuckles at me but the laughter does not reach his dark eyes. He leans forward giving me a better look at his face. A long jagged scar starts at the top of his eyebrow and down in his cheek. Compliments of me.

“Everyone is waiting for you outside.” His tone is light and casual. 

“Well I don’t really care and I don’t answer to you. I’m forced to answer to Pan so if he wants to talk to me then tell him to come get me.” I lie back down and shut my eyes.

“Get out of the bed now.”

I instantly throw the covers off me and stand up. What the hell? It’s like my body and brain were doing two separate things. Why did I listen to what he said???

“That’s right. I’m the boss today princess.”  I cringe at him calling me princess.

I feel sick to my stomach. I’m now fully awake and on high alert. My mind is spinning trying to find an explanation to this. After recalling earlier events I come to a conclusion. This has to do with the magic lamp. My actions complied to his every word. There’s no telling what he will make me do. Does Peter know about this!?

“Follow me.”

I immediately follow his footsteps out the door even though my brain is screaming for me to stop.

Everyone is standing outside around a lit fire. My eyes connect with Peter and he gives me an evil grin. So he must be in on this.

“Peter what’s going on?” His eyebrows lift in answer, giving me a look that says figure it out.

“Felix here asked if he could use one of the wishes to command your and only your behavior. You have to follow is every word for one day.”

My mouth drops open in complete shock that he would allow this.

“You’re letting him do whatever he wants with me!?"

“Are you afraid of me Tiger Lily?” Felix questions and then laughs.

I scoff at his remark. I’m not afraid of him but I am nervous at what he intends to do. After hearing what he did to Wendy I can’t help but be worried.

“We discussed limits. He understands the terms and we have agreed. Wendy is now gone and you have accessorized his face leaving him very upset. I’m allowing him to take the reins on your punishment just this once.”

I look from Peter to Felix and start to feel panicky. I turn my gaze to the other boys who have matching expressions of disturbing grins. What happened? All these boys shared laughs with me and treated me kindly just a few days ago.

I guess with two lost boys dead because of myself they are no longer taking a shine to me. I have no one on my side. Bay and Wendy are gone and I am all alone. I feel like a sitting duck in a pond of gators.

Just when I think I’ve been through the worst, I’m sadly once again proven wrong.