Chapter 25

Pan’s POV

I kiss Lily hard enough to make her fall against the bed and me on top of her. I break the kiss to look down at her face. All I could do was stare at the girl who was successfully breaking me into smithereens just by being alive.

What the hell is happening to me?

The need between us increased, arching like static electricity.  Lily’s lips parted, and I couldn’t look anywhere else. We both crashed our lips together in unison, compelled to be closer, and unable to live with the distance between us.

Her tongue entered my mouth with no apology, stealing every rational thought. Her kiss demanded feral and brutal, but for the first time ever I wanted to kiss her sweetly.

Her hands grabbed my hair pulling roughly making me growl.

Possessiveness snarled deep in my belly and muscles locked with anger. I wanted to own her past, present, and her future. I wanted to wipe everything from her life where I wasn’t centre point of her evolution.

My hands find their way to her shirt and I pull it upwards in attempt to remove it from her body.

“No.”

I open my eyes and look at her to see if I heard right. Her eyes are churning with guilt and determination. I know that look. She is remembering every horrible thing I’ve put her through and pushing me away.

“Don’t think… Just feel. Shut your mind,” I hum on her skin. I push her shirt higher while trailing light kisses on her neck. Her small hands fall on top of mine holding them in place from being able to remove her shirt.

“I said no.” Her tone is serious and angry.

The beast inside roared, and I fought the urge to slap her hands away. Gone was the compulsion to be sweet and tender. She began to struggle under me attempting to get me off.

My hand shot out and captured her chin. I forced her to look me in the eyes.

“I don’t like to be denied. You’re determined to make me hurt you. I’m trying so hard, but you don’t seem to care. You’re mine. Why should I stop? Why should I hold myself back?”

Lily’s POV

I both loved and hated Peter with an ever burning passion. I wanted to love his darkness, as well as bring him some light.

Was it wrong to love a monster? What kind of person does that make me?

Love and hate entwined so intrinsically, plaiting together into one sharp-edge, life consuming feeling. Peter created an entirely different emotion out of me. One I’d never be free of.