Eighteen :)

Dedicated to that person ^^^ because she makes me smile everytime i see her comments and she has been with this story from the beinning!!! XD

I want to say i big thanks to everyone that has fanned, voterd, commented or added this book to your libraries, you guys are the reasons i still write :)

Please remember to vote, fan and comment!!! XD

_____

School passed pretty quickly. Aaron was still acting weird but he forgave me at least. Kaya, Jess and Jamie are coming to my house at 5 to get ready for our night out. I can’t wait! It’s going to be so much fun! And it will be my first time out with Aaron. The picnic and my party don’t count.

I had thankfully been able to avoid the English department all day. I did not want to go anywhere near that building. The thought that- that man- is inside is enough to make me shiver in disgust.

Right now Chrissie and I were pulling on aprons while sharing small talk.

“So what dress are you planning on wearing tonight?” Chrissie questioned tying a knot.

“My blue one with the black belt… And my black high heels?” I replied tying my hair in a ponytail. She grinned.

“That’s great! It will match my turquoise dress!” She said enthusiastically. I nodded and skipped out of the room and into the office where Hanna was sat on the phone to someone.

“No! You can’t do that!” She paused for a moment listening to the other person. From the sounds of things it sounded like they were arguing about something. “I will get the money! You are not taking this shop away from me!” She screamed into the phone then hung up without waiting for the person to reply. Someone was planning on taking the shop away? Who? Why would someone want to do that? And besides, why would anyone feel the need to do that? It was a family own business passed down, it was loved greatly in this whole town.

“Who was that?” I questioned stepping round the table to hug her. She sighed and stood up, gripping me in a warm hug.

“It was the owner of the building.” She paused. “He wants to increase the rent money or I have to sell it over.” What? Why would he do that!? She has owned this business since before I was born! She has never missed a payment!

“How much exactly?” I brought her over to the small couch in her office so we could talk properly.

“£1000 more a month.” I gasped. That was ridicules! She already paid £1400 a month! And even then it was tight to pull through every month..

“Is he even allowed to do that?!” She nodded her head slowly.

“He is making it so that I can’t pay and will have to sell, so he has room to build a new shopping centre that’s all high tech.” She looked and sounded sad and drained. I wonder how long she had known about this.

“When is the first payment due?” Maybe if we had enough time we could do fund raisers to start us of?

“A month.” A month… We could pull that off… We could do bake sales! And car washes… And I could do some babysitting?

“We could fund raise?” I questioned, voicing my thoughts from before. She shook her head, her eyes looking so sad and worn out.

“We don’t have enough time. And plus we would have to do it every month. We just wouldn’t get enough. We would lose more on buying the things for the fund raisers then we would to pay rent.” She stood and held her hand out to me.

“We have to do something! We can’t just sit here and let them take the shop! You’ve worked so hard for this place! I have so many memories here!” I cried hugging her. It wasn’t fair that they were doing this.