Chapter 1 Greens

Baby I just don't get it. Do you enjoy being hurt? I know you smell the perfume… the make up on his shirt. You don't believe his stories. You know they're all lies. Bad as you are, you stick around.

Buttercup hangs up more shirts and with each shirt she can smell the different perfume and see the make up. She knows for a fact its not hers. She doesn't wear perfume or make up. How could any of that end up on Mitch's clothes then?

"Hey babe, I'm home," Mitch calls, wandering back to his and Buttercup's room. Buttercup quickly hides the pain she was feeling from earlier and fakes a smile.

"Hey Mitch, how did this make up get on your clothes? And why does it smell like perfume?" Buttercup asks as nicely as she possibly can. Mitch doesn't even blink or show a sign of lying.

"Babe, you know at practice all these crazy fan girls come and attack us," Mitch answers, quickly and smiling sweetly at Buttercup. It was true, Buttercup knew that any girl at their college would die for a chance to be with Mitch. He was a star player on the football team and girls lined up to watch them practice. But shouldn't the make up and perfume be on his football uniform instead of his clothes? Buttercup just lets it go. She kisses his cheek and smiles back.

"Right, the stupid whores who throw themselves at you," Buttercup says, still hiding the pain she is feeling. Mitch just smiles at her. Later on after Mitch heads out to hang out with some friends, Buttercup calls up her best friend, Butch. Its funny they'd end up best friends after hating each other but now Buttercup can't imagine life with out him. Butch answers right away and Buttercup starts her rant. Butch sighs and listens. He tries to comforts her. Butch knows the drill now. Mitch cheats on her, Buttercup gets upset and calls him, and Butch just tries to be a good friend. Even if he thinks he'd be better for her.

And I just don't know why. If I was your man… baby, you'd never worry bout what I'd do. I'd be coming home back to you every night doing you right. You're the type of woman, deserves good things. Fist full of diamonds, hand full of rings. Baby, you're a star. I just wanna show you, you are.

"Hey babe, just want to wish you luck and give you this," Mitch says, pulling Buttercup off to the side. Her eyes light up with excitement. Mitch hardly ever do this before her soccer matches. He said it was because he didn't want to distract her. Something in her mind though nagged at her.

She opens the envelope and out falls a cheesy good luck card and a cheap ring. One of those rings that look like plastic even though they're not. And the diamond is small and fake. A really cheap, fake ring. Buttercup smiles anyways and hugs Mitch, telling him how much she appreciates it. Mitch leaves and Butch slowly walks in.

"Hey BC, good luck out there," He says, smiling at her. "Trust me you'll need it with how much you suck at playing soccer," Butch teases her. Buttercup laughs and punches his chest.

"You'll be eating those words when I kick the other team's ass," She says, sticking her tongue out at him. Butch laughs.

"I know. I really came back here to give you this. I actually bought it and didn't steal it for once," Butch says, pulling a small velvet box out of his back pocket. Her eyes widen. All her life, she has known Butch and he never does anything like this. She slowly opens it and sees a small diamond bracelet with a star on it. Butch flips over the star to show Buttercup the inscription he had put on it. "You're a star and you know it. Here's a little reminder though :P". Buttercup smiles and eagerly jumps into Butch's arms.

"Thank you," She squeals. Butch's eyes widen.

"Did you just squeal?" He asks her.

"Did not," She yells as she pulls away and punched him again. They both laugh and go their separate ways, getting ready for Buttercup's game.

You should let me love you. Let me be the one to give you everything you want and need. Baby, good love and protection. Make me your selection. Show you the way loves supposed to be. Baby you should let me love you. Love you, love you, love you.

This time its worse. This time she came to his house, face red from anger. This time she had proof Mitch was cheating on her. Blossom actually saw him and took a picture. Buttercup was holding that picture in her fist as she stood on his doorstep. Butch watched as Buttercup used every swear word she knew to describe Mitch.

"Hey Buttercup, calm down. I hate that mother fucking bitch as much as you do. Let me go beat his ass for you," Butch offers, rubbing Buttercup's back. She buries her face into his chest and sighs.

"No, no. That whore screwing two timing bitch deserves worse then us beating him up but I guess it wouldn't be worth our time," Buttercup mutters into Butch's shoulders.

"You're gonna leave him this time right? I'm tired of seeing you hurt, BC. Hell, I could love you better then he could. And I would if you'd let me," Butch whispers into her hair.

"You're only saying that because you're my best friend, Butch. I should probably dump his ass and move on but I won't," Buttercup says.

"Stop giving him all these chances. Let someone else love you, love you right," Butch tells her.

"I will fucking stop giving him all these wasted chances. Just not right now. Cause when I try to break up with me, the bastard will start sweet talking me and I'll fall for it again," Buttercup admits. Butch sighs, wishing Buttercup would just give him a fucking chance to lover her.

Listen, you're true beauty's description. Look so good that it hurts. You're a dime plus 99. And it's a shame, don't even know what you're worth. Everywhere you go, they stop and stare. Cause you're bad and it shows. From your head to your toes. Out of control, baby you know.

When Buttercup lets herself look nice, she'll take your breath away. It has happened to Butch numerous times. He's stopped breathing from staring at her so long that it hurt, like he was suffocating. He hated how much she affected him but he wouldn't trade it for anything. He notices the way all the jocks, nerds, hell all the guys will stop and stare at Buttercup at school dances. Or when she is at practice, or at the beach, or out clubbing.

They all know that if they mess with her, they'll never be able to have children from her swift kick to their balls. Yet its hard not to want someone like her. Beauty and brawns. She does have some brains too. Maybe not as much as her sister but enough. She was truly beautiful and they all knew it.

Let me be the one to give you everything you want and need. Baby, good love and protection. Make me your selection. Show you the way loves supposed to be. Baby you should let me… you deserve better. You know you deserve better. We should be together, baby. With me and you its whatever, girl. So can we make this thing ours?

Butch knows Buttercup is getting closer to letting Mitch go. Butch has done so much protecting lately and he even got to kiss her a couple times. Sure, she kissed back and liked it but yet she still went back to Mitch. Butch just wanted her to realize he was offering her love, good love unlike Mitch. Hell, he has told her countless times that they should be together. They were so close, it would just be labeling the sexual tension between them. He'd give her everything she deserves and more. If only she'd let him love her.